Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the heck happened to Freebasic.net???
I tried to go there just now, and there's a message saying the account has been suspended, I guess by the host "Phatcode.net" ? Does anyone know anything about this?
whats up :o

I bet its because fb.net has had too much traffic. Its getting too popular. Big Grin
[Image: freebasic.png]
Phatcode, aka Plasma, was the one paying for the .net domain for freebasic.

By the looks of it, either fb.net got a burst of traffic, which is weird since it's hosted on sourceforge afaik..

Or Plasma simply forgot, or was unable to, pay the domain bills..

Whichever it is it's easily solved..
Well, it's still pointing to phatcode.net, and phatcode.net is still up:

http://www.phatcode.net/~fb

Wiiiiieeeerrrd.
Or even weeeeiiiiirrrd... Wink
I've made a post on the phatcode forums; hopefully the right person will notice and fix it. Smile
Most likely its only some temporal error. Lets just wait hour or two and hope its back there.
url=http://www.ascii-world.com]ASCII-World.com[/url]
Yeah, nick changed from lurah, but bullshit's are the same.
I'm sure all the devs have realized it by now and must be working on getting it back up. If it's a bill-paying/renewing thing though, that probably can only be done by the original registrar, so maybe Phatcode just can't be reached or alerted at the moment.
paying shouldn't be the problem, as fb.net is hosted for free by plasma on phatcode. my guess is the bandwidth got too large finally or the sql databse got too large... :x
ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote:quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
Apparently somebody uploaded an exploit via the forum or the wiki and the account was automatically suspended. I'm trying to contact vic now.
Any info on who uploaded it, and whether it was intentional? Any way to stop it from occuring again?