• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with FBIde
I just downloaded and installed the new FBIde with FB.14. I don't get this:

Code:
screen 13
print "Hello World"
sleep
end

doesn't compile. I installed the package and checked the path of fbc. What's wrong?
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
Did it give you an error message? I couldn't tell you what's wrong without some more details.
no error message. The path to the compiler was right, but it was calling FPP instead of fbc, what is fpp anyway?
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
fpp is some preprocessor Von Godric sutffed in there. Dunno why.
to be honest, i think that is a bad idea.

im not saying that fpp sux (never used it) or anything, im saying that it shouldnt be included with the 'out-of-the-box' fb installation and default paths set to it... thats confusing.. and weird.

give the installer an option to install it, and also a prompt saying tht the path is set for fpp, and if the user wants to change it in the future do 'blabla' ;P

my 2 cents
Just change it to fbc.exe, not hard, I had to do the same, fpp.exe doesn't compile with FBide.
Even though this is an old topic, I thought I'd mention this for future referance to FB newbies:

Unlike QB, when FB comes to an "END" statement, it quits the program without waiting for the user to press any key. That's why this often comes in handy:

Code:
WHILE INKEY$=""
  WEND

I think that's one of the reasons it seemed to not compile. Confused me for a while until I figured out the difference.
url=http://www.freewebs.com/boxtopstuff/]Planet Boxtop[/url] (Look out for the redesign!)
The only member of QBNF with severe "tomorrow syndrome."
Just put this ti the end of your code.

Code:
SLEEP
SYSTEM

This way it won't do anything instead of ending right away. Waffleman's Code is alright, but mines slightly shorter.
i enjoy Shell "PAUSE"
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
What does sheel "pause" do???