Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am going to...
test anyone's programs who wants me to! I have QBasic 4.5, and my comp will NOT run all. if it doesn't run, sorry

~~-:bounce: Charlie :bounce:-~~
y name is Nobody, and nobody's perfect. So now I am perfect Tongue

98% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
er. okay. thats nice to know. I guess... >_> Don't know what else to say.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
go test lynns legacy, its in fb projects
if u wanna test a QB program so bad, make ur own, its fun too, and u dont have to worry about not liking it
Quote:test anyone's programs who wants me to! I have QBasic 4.5, and my comp will NOT run all. if it doesn't run, sorry.
Ok, here's a little program that I normally compile with QuickBasic 4.5 before running. You can test it any way you wish. I'm also running Windows XP, but use what you have.

The program receives a path name of a directory which it wants to know if it exists. For this is does a SHELL which should send the words YES IT EXISTS to the screen if it exists. Well, on my PC and others, it doesn't recognize existing directories. I think it's the \NUL which is not working on Windows 2000 and XP.

So, test it, and see what conclusions you have, and if you can get it to work.
Code:
print "Enter path of directory to test ";
input dirtest$
s$="if exist "+dirtest$+"\nul echo YES IT EXISTS"
shell s$
SYSTEM
Thank you very much.
well i tired it for fun, and i just tried typing c:\, then c:\program files, and neither of them worked properly, plus you should add a CLS at beginning of file in case its run more then once
Quote:well i tired it for fun, and i just tried typing c:\, then c:\program files, and neither of them worked properly, plus you should add a CLS at beginning of file in case its run more then once
Thanks for your help.

Regarding "c:\", that's my mistake. The command will read:
IF EXIST C:\\NUL where the \\ is an error. I should have tested for this.

Regarding "c:\program files", this won't work because long filenames and directory names are not supported in MSDOS.

Please try some other directory names.
ill try c:\windows, it doesnt work, i tried caps and all, but all it does is end program
Quote:ill try c:\windows, it doesnt work, i tried caps and all, but all it does is end program
So, it doesn't work with the SHELL from the program.
The same IF EXIST from the MSDOS command-line will work.
That's the point to this test.
What version of Windows are you running?
XP Home, wat i think the problem is is that \nul, ill try without that

nope, nadam zilch, i wonder why it isnt working