Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need Windows API and SQL functions to work with FB.
Sorry, I haven't searched too much....

Ok, here is what I need:

*I need to be able to open multiple sub-windows (determined dynamically, i.e. the amount of sub-windows is not pre-determined) inside a Windows window.
*I need to have menu bars in all windows and I want the name and function-to-use to be dynamic. That is, they should be changeable from variables while running the program and when starting the program. (from a text file). Also need keyboard shortcuts in the same manner.
I need the same ability for left-click and right-click inside a window.
*I need resize, scroll, close, maximize, etc. ability for windows.
*I need to be able to determine the cursor position in windows.
*I need to be able to put in text boxes at variable locations.

All of the code behind this should be handled by my own process loop.

I also need SQL-type abilities in FB. I want to use a string to call a SQL search on dynamic variable arrays, and I want thew SQL search to be able to add or subtract to the arrays or convert them to FB arrays.

The important consideration, as you see, is that all of this must not be hard coded..

I can do all this without windows API or SQL, but it will get more complicated.

Suggestions? RTFM, maybe? :|
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
i found your question a bit tricky but heres my two penneth

Quote:*I need to be able to open multiple sub-windows (determined dynamically, i.e. the amount of sub-windows is not pre-determined) inside a Windows window.

shounds like MDI forms needed

Quote:I need to have menu bars in all windows and I want the name and function-to-use to be dynamic. That is, they should be changeable from variables while running the program and when starting the program. (from a text file). Also need keyboard shortcuts in the same manner.

a bit of smart alec programming and maybe function pointers?

Quote:I need the same ability for left-click and right-click inside a window.

i think this is WM_LBUTTON WM_RBUTTON in your window handler

Quote:*I need resize, scroll, close, maximize, etc. ability for windows.
*I need to be able to determine the cursor position in windows.
*I need to be able to put in text boxes at variable locations.

standard things really, SendMessage etc, Style and ExStyle in the CreateWindow

Theres just too much questions there for me to give a detailed answer but make a simpler question and i probly can help
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
How would I gain access to any of these?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
first off im assuming you must have no knowledge of Win32 API, so it is going to mean learning quite a lot.

have a look at the examples included under this folder

FreeBASIC\examples\Windows\gui

study these to start with, and look up any unfamilier commands on msdn.com

its far too complex a subject for teaching in a forum really, i would look around for tutorials and follow them till you get stuck.

As for SQL, i believe MYSQL is available for FB, but i havent used it yet so i cant help
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]