Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW QuickBasic version
I understand there is new version of QuickBasic available about 6.9 ??

Anyone heard about it ??
nope
y name is Nobody, and nobody's perfect. So now I am perfect Tongue

98% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
Can you tell us the source of this information?

As far as I know, last version was 4.5 in 1988, and then Microsoft continued the Basic Compiler line which was left in 5.whatever before QB appeared with BC 6 which came in PDS 6. But this version (BC 6/PDS 6 or whatever) is currently missing in action (I mean, I don't have it and I haven't been able to find it).
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
The only software I've heard of reaching version 6.9 right about now is Xorg.

Xorg is what all the major Linux GUIs are based on.
In 1988, I was doing a lot o development software using Quickbasic, and migrated from Quickbasic 4.0 to 4.5 seeing some improvements. During 1988 to 1992, my company's vendor here in Mexico City kept me abreast of new versions, and offered me Quickbasic 5.0 and 6.0, sending me the entire releases for my appaisal. I found both these versions too complicated and relying heavily on IDE's. So, I did not upgrade to any of these versions, and returned all the stuff back to the vendor.

NOTE: At the time I was offered Quickbasic 5.0 and 6.0, the new QBasic had come out. It's quite possible that I confused versions of QBasic with those of Quickbasic, and therefore perhaps there was never a Quickbasic 5.0 or 6.0. The bottom line is that I stayed with Quickbasic 4.5 until the present.
Quote:Can you tell us the source of this information?

As far as I know, last version was 4.5 in 1988, and then Microsoft continued the Basic Compiler line which was left in 5.whatever before QB appeared with BC 6 which came in PDS 6. But this version (BC 6/PDS 6 or whatever) is currently missing in action (I mean, I don't have it and I haven't been able to find it).

What about QuickBasic 7.1???
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]
Quote:
na_th_an Wrote:Can you tell us the source of this information?

Technicaly it's called: PDS7.1, Not QuickBasic7.1.. :wink:

PDS = Personal Developer Studio
I think.... Or something close at least
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Though it is technically called PDS, the splash screen and name(QBX) say "Microsoft QuickBASIC Extended v7.1"...
[Image: 1403.png]
^ Infrosoft
http://www.thecodeyouneed.us.to/ - A wiki of source code, mostly in PHP and FreeBASIC
http://www.osadvocacy.uk.to/ - Your opinion matters no matter your OS
Quote:
TheDarkJay Wrote:
na_th_an Wrote:Can you tell us the source of this information?

Technicaly it's called: PDS7.1, Not QuickBasic7.1.. :wink:

PDS = Personal Developer Studio
I think.... Or something close at least
Professional Developement Studio..
:lol: Well,. I was close,. XD

.... It's been awhile,... I like Version 0.15b now....
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]