Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yagl freebasic port 0.0.7
update:
get the latest version at http://goddess.selfip.com/yagl

hello party ppl,

yagl the infamous c++ game library is gonna be wrapped.

as yagl's c++ version is done now i was trying to get a basic wrapper working so yagl can be used in fb/c/whatever. you can find a very early version of it here SEE UPDATE. this tiny thing wraps the complete gfx module plus the keyboard input module. documentation is in the workings, i'm currently writting a programmer's guide which is one big tutorial really plus the doxygen documentation for reference ( which is mostly done ). you can use this already for your gfx stuff, i will add the missing parts that have priority ( complete input module, complete sound module ) tonight if i find the time so you can mess around with it. i think everything is pretty straight forward so you can do some stuff without documentation for now ( mind you documentation is gonna be finished soon to hopefully ).[url][/url]
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
sweet Big Grin
[Image: freebasic.png]
ihope i didn't screw up the packaging :p so tell me wheter you where able to compile the sample heh
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[/quote]
The link doesn't work
am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
my bad, i edited the original post the link works now, stupid me
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[/quote]
Like all good things in life, it didn't compile the sample. I got the error message cannot find lmingwex or something. Keh?
am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
i'm really sorry, i uploaded mingwex to http://ratatoskr.dragonhill.cc/public/pr...bmingwex.a. download this and put it into your freebasic/lib/win32 folder. also make sure that you copy the libraries from yaglwrapper/lib/win32 to your freebasic/lib/win32 folder. you'll be asked to overwritte them, do so.
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[/quote]
libsndfile-1.dll was not found when I ran the exe. Do I have to compile it separately?
as stated in the readme ( i think ) all the dll's are in the bin folder. just copy them over to the path of the exe or to your windows/system32 folder. note that this "release" is not reallya release just a tiny winy bit to get you started on it. a nicely packaged binary only distribution will be available soon. i just want to finish the documentation first and add more samples.
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[/quote]
why is there a purple-ish tinge around all my sprites? Is that because of anti-aliasing? Cuz the rotated, scaled sprite has some stray purple pixels that look glitchy.