Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How create a install program with a progressbar
Ai hef a question "Can your make a install program to copy files : with qbasic is that possible : (((can you find that code))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:Main Country is: NL ( Netherlands )
I think that you need to use SHELL commands, i.e. SHELL "COPY C:\a.txt C:\test\a.txt". "COPY" is a DOS command, and also a BAT command I think. Any operating system that allows you to use DOS or BAT will work.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Quote:I think that you need to use SHELL commands, i.e. SHELL "COPY C:\a.txt C:\test\a.txt". "COPY" is a DOS command, and also a BAT command I think. Any operating system that allows you to use DOS or BAT will work.

can you make that with a progressbar ???
so like as a proffesional install program
Making a nice progress-bar is going to be a bit difficult. In order for it to be meaningful, you would need to know the time or the length of each file being copied, to move the bar accordingly.

An alternative would be to print a message on the screen after each file is copied. Example: for 8 files to be copied:
... File AAA has been copied ... 1 of 8
... File BBB has been copied ... 2 of 8
etc.
I'd go with what Moneo has suggested.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
PROGRESSBAR SUBROUTINE
INSTALLATION PROGRAM UPDATE
INSTALLATION UTILITY
INSTALLATION PROGRAM
A professional QB program.
img]http://www.cdsoft.co.uk/misc/shiftlynx.png[/img]
Quote:A professional QB program.
Touché Big Grin
Quote:A professional QB program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESSBAR SUBROUTINE This is a standalone progressbar !!! rountine

INSTALLATION PROGRAM UPDATE QB?? -PB
INSTALLATION UTILITY QB?? -PB
INSTALLATION PROGRAM PB

This is a powerbasic source code bas files not Qbasic Cry

can you create a exe file with this bas files ???
Quote:This is a powerbasic source code bas files not Qbasic Cry

If you understand Basic, then you should be able to learn enough from the code to write your own.