Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPG never released...
Check out an old RPG, unfinished ofcourse... Is playable with the first quest intacked though. You can cast spells, buy and sell weapons, buy/sell supplies and magical items too. Your stats of multiple attributes and abilities are affected when you arm, or disarm your weapons, and even armor effects these stats via. armor class, encumbrance, etc...
The graphics are great, VGA 320X200X255K, and are in the first person
3-D perspective, and another view of is a 3D like - bird's eyew view.
This RPG has lots of detail, and you can even start out with a pre-made
partially equiped party, or roll your own characters, and equip them yoursel. (develop your own party with muyltiple races, and classes.)
This RPG is like an Eye of the Beholder, or Bard's Tale type genere RPG.
The thing is 10 Yrs. old but, was worked on and off again for 2yrs.
(stopped development about 8yrs. ago.) Programmed in QB4.5, and does have some midi tunes for a wide range of sound cards available.
Has a workable gui, but it can and will be simplified with a more windows type gui in the future builds. What it does have is mouse and/or keyboard type gui. To activate the players menu press space bar, and to activate the System Menu press the Esc key during game play. With mouse control to activate the Players Menu click right mouse button once, and double click right mouse button for the system's menu.
(Players Menu is used for equiping/trading weapons, or coins, etc.., also you can cast spell, or rest, and some other options that this type of RPG
is common to have available, sort of like encamping. The System Menu is to quit the game, switch controls, and turn on, off the midi music.)
The reason I never released this before was because I thought I lost it but, recently I discovered it on an old Hard Drive Smile
Also I plan to rewrite the game with FreeBASIC and have a real 3-D engine powering the game. Also a more windows type gui, as I already mentioned, and alot of other goodies. Hopefully a complete game one day Big Grin
Cya,
Nemesis
[url]
http://www.petesqbsite.com/downloads/Tof.zip
[/url]

P.s..The engine is already almost done, and development on the actual game, which will be titled Tower of Fortune 3-D, will begin within a month or two.
Wow juat like my fav RPG, Bards Tale 2, Destiny Knight!

LOL i miss that game! its been almost 10 years.
t is better to error on the side of caution
than the side of haste!!!
[Image: title3.jpg]
Quote:Wow juat like my fav RPG, Bards Tale 2, Destiny Knight!

LOL i miss that game! its been almost 10 years.

I tend to favor these type of RPG's personally... Loved Bard's Tale 1, 2, and 3 was called Thief of Fate. Still have all 3, including clue books. (For the C-64 though Smile
Most Gammers perfer the classic Final Fantasy genere RPG's over the
BT kind. (atleast that's what I've heard from most online RPG gammers.)

Keep an eye open for beta and pre-releases of the FB, 32 bit version of TOF, Tower of Fortune 3-D.

Laters.
ya i liked the bards tale seires alot!

i made an RPG that was like MORAFFS REVENGE
kind of like a mixture of both, ite works but it has a serious
mem problem! it overloads after about 5 minutes of play
and it wont compile!

i can not figure out what my flaw is in it!
t is better to error on the side of caution
than the side of haste!!!
[Image: title3.jpg]
I loved the BT games, and had 1/2 for my C64 as well. I think we picked them up later as well. We had the Bard's Tale adventure creator as well where you could set up the game/maps/items/enemies/spells/whatever exactly how you wanted it. Very fun. 8)

I can't play ToF as it is.. think I need a DOS emulator or what-not. Will try to play later, as I'm interested to see what you came up with!