Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qmidi Question
hey everybody, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people know about Jesse Dorland's QMIDI, but I was wondering if there is a need, and if so a way, to clear the memory where the .MIDI is loaded? In my rpg that I am n00bishly making, it's biggest and best attribute is the QMIDI midi music files... however, when I was 'beta testing' what I had thusfar it came up with an error when it tried to switch MIDIs.

The error was the Overload or whatever.... what happens when you try to do crazy stuff like INT(RND * 59104920)+1 yeah. it comes up on the AX% .... so, umm, I don't really know, I just thought maybe if you clear the memory then it would help it.

Thanks in advance,
-Nova
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Yeh, it is VERY important to release the memory. What I do is having JUST ONE HANDLER so I reuse it everytime. I just:

Code:
mymusic% = LoadMIDI%("MUSIC.MID")
PlayMIDI mymusic%

When I'm done and I have to switch to another midi:

Code:
StopMIDI
UnloadMIDI mymusic%

And now I can load a new one. Keep this in mid: It is very important!

Also, remember to add

Code:
LoopMIDI

to your loop so the MIDI loops continuosly.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
So it is imperative that you unload them... just as I thought. Well, that would solve yet another chapter in the 'annoying things that happen to a newbie's RPG'

I think I should publish a book i've had so many... .... ... nah, no one would read it, they'd just know that the friendly folk at QBASICNEWS helped me out with it!
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------