Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a little Qbasic help ( MID$ )
I need to write two programs and they are kicking my but.

1.) I need to write a computer program in Qbasic that will generate a Addition or Multiplication table ( which will be written to standard output). User must provide which table they want, and what rows & columns they want displayed.

2.) I also need to write a program that asks for the users FULLNAME. Use INTSTR() and MID$() to print only the middle name on the screen.

Thanks for all the helps these two have been busting my chops for the last week.
I'm going to give you the same reply as on another forum.
==================================

Quote:.......
1.) I need to write a computer program in Qbasic that will generate a Addition or Multiplication table ( which will be written to standard output). User must provide which table they want, and what rows & columns they want displayed.

2.) I also need to write a program that asks for the users FULLNAME. Use INTSTR() and MID$() to print only the middle name on the screen.

Both these programs sound like a homework assignments. We are not supposed to write solutions to homework for you.

However, If you post your attempt at programming these problems, we can offer you comments and suggestions on your code. So, take a crack at it.

On problem #1, you should first design what these tables are going to look like, and how long you want them.

On problem # 2, you should consider what you want to do if the user enters an erroneous FULLNAME, like:
* The user enters nothing or spaces(s) for FULLNAME, the program gets a null or space(s).
* Only one name, either only first or only last.
* Only first and last name, no middle name or initial.
* Etc., you need to make sure that the user enters first, middle or initial, and last name, otherwise the FULLNAME is invalid and the program won't work right. Also, do you want to program for the case when the user puts more than one space in between the name fields?

To do this program correctly will involve more code for data validation than just picking out the middle name.
I'm not looking for it to be done for me My wife has some questions about it and is lost and I have not programmed in basic since my C64, OH cvrap side not my "A" and "D" keys just crapped out in my C64, I have the monitor and the goodies, and now it is worth nothing.. the horror.. no seriously I have had that one since I was 7.. damn 15 strike egale prog blew out to keybaords and thais was the thrid and final one My parents were willing to buy so I has been my baby.. My wife thinks they are all junk my old C64 stuff and my atari's I have the 800xl wanna game system the 520 (2) the 1040stfm...

anyways I have to clue how to do the table on and in her class she has finals in a week so I know thaty they are looking for more then just the first middle and last to be inputed speratly... I'm trying to earn some brownie points for forgetting our 6th month wedding aniveriery[okay I just killed that word] and was looking for some pointers int he right direction, I figure if I can help her out and she will be less pissed with me and I can get some more computers, but mostly so she will be less pissed with me, she only took this course cause I'm a PC Tech and she wanted to help bridge the gap between what she knows about computers cause they are my life and she can check her email and thats it, so she is allways lost when I start talking about them.

well anyways any help I could get would be greatly appriciated[sp?]
Quote:I'm not looking for it to be done for me My wife has some questions about it and is lost and I have not programmed in basic since my C64, OH cvrap side not my "A" and "D" keys just crapped out in my C64, I have the monitor and the goodies, and now it is worth nothing.. the horror.. no seriously I have had that one since I was 7.. damn 15 strike egale prog blew out to keybaords and thais was the thrid and final one My parents were willing to buy so I has been my baby.. My wife thinks they are all junk my old C64 stuff and my atari's I have the 800xl wanna game system the 520 (2) the 1040stfm...

anyways I have to clue how to do the table on and in her class she has finals in a week so I know thaty they are looking for more then just the first middle and last to be inputed speratly... I'm trying to earn some brownie points for forgetting our 6th month wedding aniveriery[okay I just killed that word] and was looking for some pointers int he right direction, I figure if I can help her out and she will be less pissed with me and I can get some more computers, but mostly so she will be less pissed with me, she only took this course cause I'm a PC Tech and she wanted to help bridge the gap between what she knows about computers cause they are my life and she can check her email and thats it, so she is allways lost when I start talking about them.

well anyways any help I could get would be greatly appriciated[sp?]
That's a real sad story about your C64, your wife and her course, and your anniversary. But, I, at least, am not going to code the solutions to your two problems until you show a willingness to at least design some solutions to the problems and post some code.

If your wife is taking a course, and was given these problems to solve, than we must assume that she already has some QB coding expertise with which to solve the problems.