Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qbinux
I'm still a newbie to this forum...
Good thing I'm not such a newbie anymore around QB... hehehe...
Anyways... I was wondering if ppl here were interested in my platform OS Qbinux. If so... just reply here and I'll fill ya in about the current developments of Qbinux...

Grtz
Seb
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site/QBasicNews in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Yes, I am interested in making a QB OS. Im currently working on a GUI that runs from the floppy drive. I'll post the source code later, i dont have it w/me. It's the only complete version, and it's VERY simple. The next version will feature things like backup of the disk on the HD, installable games, apps, entertainment, etc. Show me what you got and maybe we could combine our stuff. Peace! :chinese:
[/code]
-yah
I'd love to see how you accomplished it. However, I probably wouldn't use it on any of my current computers. (if only I hadn't thrown out that old laptop. That would've been perfect).
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
I had a really wicked GUI back in the day...

I think my time of making GUI's or OS's has passed. However, custom console software and bundling would be something interesting. Take FBOS. Or make a DOS GUI in FB... Get all the games made in FB to be ported to DOS FB so they can be used like a PSX or something...
Screwing with your reality since 1998.
I'm interested to see it. Is there is a test version? If possible could a Bochs/Qemu image be made, as i wouldn't want to run it properly just in case?
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
New name - same game...

Hi all, I don't post that much here...
Most of the time you can find me at Pete's forum.
And next week I'll be releasing a tech-release of qbinux.

I also of my own website which you can find at http://www.freewebs.com/mcclouth

SYA around!!

grtz
Binux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
thanks for the link

i found some of the links to source failed on this page

http://www.freewebs.com/mcclouth/about/p...index.html
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
!s QBinux actually an OS? Cause if so, I'd really like to see how you did it.
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Seb: Performant isn't a word :lol:
too bad you cant write a REAL os in quickbasic... it still has to run under DOS. but, then again microsoft did that with win95/98 and still called it an OS lol
Mike