Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac port?
Freebasic is already cross platform, is there any plans for a OS X version. I have Virtual PC, but it would be nice to run it natively.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
I don't know much about Mac's but my understanding is that they are moving to Intel Chips, and a Linux compatible enviroment, so i think its just a matter of time.

Also v1ctor is said to be working on making fb into a front end for gcc, so this i guess will make targeting Mac easier. (just don't ask any questions about this on fb.net, you will be flamed!)
EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
[Image: chav.gif]
everyone else seems to care alot more about people asking about the gcc move than v1c himself. ;P
yeah the reason is there a general arrogence elitist movement forming in the FB community.

i guess it was only a matter of time but it still piss me off.
Quote:yeah the reason is there a general arrogence elitist movement forming in the FB community.

i guess it was only a matter of time but it still piss me off.
We were just so used to the regulars. Sorry. It just happened so suddenly. All these people coming in asking the exact same question as the last person before them.

I think we're better at handling it now, or we're moving in that direction.
will Live Forever, or Die Trying >_<;;
no dude it was arrogance along with some self righteous identification complex with the development of FB.

really the people that flamed that dude simple wanted to feel apart of FB development and they did this by flaming the dude for asking a question.

it was low and it was sick. sure it might have been true this was been talked about before in length but it was no reason to flame him.

any reasonable person with any self respected would have just ignored the thread and left it alone. really the only people who have any right to flame the dude was victor or some other member of the development team that's it. not some half assed little punks that just want to feel like they belong.
AW! And I missed this Sad
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:no dude it was arrogance along with some self righteous identification complex with the development of FB.

really the people that flamed that dude simple wanted to feel apart of FB development and they did this by flaming the dude for asking a question.

it was low and it was sick. sure it might have been true this was been talked about before in length but it was no reason to flame him.

any reasonable person with any self respected would have just ignored the thread and left it alone. really the only people who have any right to flame the dude was victor or some other member of the development team that's it. not some half assed little punks that just want to feel like they belong.

Link?
Big Grin
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3458

i didnt think it was that dramatic. oh well...
I don't even read those threads - waste of time. :lol:

But yes, once the gcc move is complete, it will be easier to target Macs. However, moving to gcc will not magically port the runtime library to other platforms - the functionality has to be implemented on each platform separately (though some of the code is shared), and afaik, none of the development team has a Mac, so it is not very likely to happen in the near future. On the other hand, if a Mac-programming BASIC fan magically shows up... Smile