Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duel! 0.99 open alpha (limited time!)
Well, I've brought Duel to a fairly advanced state, what I'd like is for people to try it out and let me know what they'd like to see in future versions.

For those who don't know, Duel! is a multiplayer overhead shoot-em-up written in FreeBASIC using SDL, SDL_GFX, and SDL_NET.

http://www.qbxl.net/downloads/duel099.rar

There's the client and server, but I've got the very latest server with the latest fixes running at 206.45.171.144. If this IP changes, I'll try to post about it here as quickly as possible.

I've got the server compiled to handle 128 players, but I really wouldn't recommend trying to actually play with that many people.

Anyway, enjoy, and please report any bugs you encounter, let me know of anything you think would improve it, and I'll be back here sometime tomorrow to check up.
just hangs

edit: nvm ran logmein.bat and then tried it, just flew around... controls?
readme?
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
142.161.173.17 -- I swear, they must enjoy switching my IP address to kill my poor server.

Arrow keys and space.

The batch file doesn't actually do anything.

readme files are for programs that aren't alphas.
It doesent work too well, or at all..

I have a temp server up at goddess.selfip.com for people to try it out..
http://www.qbxl.net/downloads/duel999.rar

Updated server and client.

Use Zires server for now -- mine is having....issues.
wow man im impressed!
sure zire! kicked my but(REAL BAD) LOL
but it was good!

im a fan of playing and talking!
t is better to error on the side of caution
than the side of haste!!!
[Image: title3.jpg]
She's discovered a massive bug that escaped notice: If you've got very low latency, you can shoot much faster by hammering the spacebar.

I pity her spacebar...

Next version will rectify this somehow. Smile
Quote:She's discovered a massive bug that escaped notice: If you've got very low latency, you can shoot much faster by hammering the spacebar.

I pity her spacebar...

Next version will rectify this somehow. Smile
It's a feature! Big Grin
It doesent properly drop clients that dissconnect..
Server gain more and more lag the longer it's running, after 1-2 hours it's unplayable even on localhost..

I'm correcting it by restarting the server every now and then..