Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIP 3D House.... @_@
I googled for floor plans of houses, found one and started making a lil 3D house. Coming out rather nicly from what I got so far. Models made and rendered in Blender.

[Image: 24660-t.jpg]
^ Render of the Kitchen.... No microwave, but I'm still working on it... XD

[Image: 24664-t.jpg]
^ Another shot of kitchen looking into the dinning room.... (This was before I put stuff in the living room if things look like they are missing)

[Image: 24665-t.jpg]
^ Shot of my "unique" dinning table.... :roll: Be careful where you set stuff on it....

[Image: 24666-t.jpg]
^ A skylight! :king: *ahem* anyway.... The skylight above the table.....

[Image: 24667-t.jpg]
^ The living area.... ^_^ w/ a huge big-screen TV.... Tongue :lol:

[Image: 24668-t.jpg]
^ Last one.... The bathroom, or... technicaly restroom, the bath tub is in another room next to it, but I haven't finished it yet, so no renders of it..... the mirror looks a lil short, might fix that later....

Oh well, there it is.... Enjoy! Smile
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
That's pretty impressive; has blender finally improved it's interface? I recall it being nearly impossible to use back in the '90s.
Quote:That's pretty impressive; has blender finally improved it's interface? I recall it being nearly impossible to use back in the '90s.
I don't know what it was like back them, but the interface I have is pretty stright foward and faster than anything else I've used in the past.... Least once you get used to what does what.... =)
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Pretty cool. Smile
Quote:That's pretty impressive; has blender finally improved it's interface? I recall it being nearly impossible to use back in the '90s.

Blender is hard to use for someone new to the program. That's what discouraged me in the first place. But once you learn, it's a snap. You'll wish that all of your programs worked the same way.

Anyway, it's comin' out very well. I like the skylight. You plan to UV map it?
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Quote:Blender is hard to use for someone new to the program. That's what discouraged me in the first place. But once you learn, it's a snap. You'll wish that all of your programs worked the same way.
I love blender but I'm not sure I would go that far. Some of the interface things are still a little clumsy. If it was more intuitive (WITHOUT a tutorial or introduction) then it would rock. And SO many hotkeys, you take a break for a month and have to relearn all 500 of them. Tongue
[Image: freebasic.png]
Quote:Anyway, it's comin' out very well. I like the skylight. You plan to UV map it?
UV map? Maybe, maybe not... Depends on the effect I want in the end.... or how much time I wanna put into it.... =)

Quote:And SO many hotkeys, you take a break for a month and have to relearn all 500 of them.
Ah yeah, I love the hot keys.... I have one hand on the mouse, the other on the keyboard, and I hardly ever flitch while modeling... *click* *tap tap* *click* ...... E= Extrude, R = Rotate, S = Scale, Shift D = Duplicate, Ctrl R = Loop cut, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..... :mrgreen:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

yeah, once they are known the hotkeys are awesome, its looking them up in that cumbersome help thing that gets under my skin.
[Image: freebasic.png]
Quote:yeah, once they are known the hotkeys are awesome, its looking them up in that cumbersome help thing that gets under my skin.
:???: Why do that? You can find them in the menus just as fast:

[Image: 24758-t.jpg]

Just browse thru the menus and viola.... Normaly how I remeber all mine.... Confusedhifty:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

I guess I have to whip this bad boy out again...
[Image: 1508-r.jpg]

Wink