Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Adventure!
I say we pick up whatever bits of the failed QB text adventure we had last summer and try to make it work again. I know we can figure it out if we try harder, or at all. :wtnod:
Quote:As a side note, I wish I was a robotic zombie ninja pirate.
I don't get it, this really isn't a "FB Project" it's more of a challenge or even a "QB Project" if you reaaally stretch it...
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
No, last summer a group of us started a text-based game. It was in the challenges, but it's still more of a group project because we all had one thing we were all working on. And, we did try it in QB, but I say we update to FB.

I can set up an ftp where we can store it, and make it accessible. That way, we can work on it truly together. I'll announce when the ftp is set up.
Sounds good, I believe your the same guy I was going to work with, but the project never got far. I'll help either way.
Ok, here's the site

Code:
ftp site: ftp://radiumv.phatcode.net/textadventure
username: qbnews@radiumv.phatcode.net (must use ENTIRE address)
password: password
I suggest using FileZilla for transerring. It's fast and reliable.

Read Information.txt. It describes some things and rules.

There are some files there that I've been working on. We should actually map this thing out with images instead of just diving into this like last time.

I keep a local copy and update when useful stuff is added. If sabotage happens (god forbid), I have a copy. Use this with respect; I'm offering my valuable webspace to make a group effort work.

Anyone who wants to help is welcome to go there.

And, yes, I did help on the original.
Soooooo, are we ready to begin again?

:wtnod: :wtnod2: :mrgreen:
BTW, I hope you guys find a good way to make the engine. Also, remember to write out a full blown story (not a novel, but at least something to base the text adventure on)
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
You want stories? Ask me! I have too many to keep up coding with.
Screwing with your reality since 1998.
I say we go with the original "Escape from Microsoft Island" theme. I already made a file icon :winkwink:
Ok then. How does it start? Main character(s)? What you should do is make a list of characters in your story. Have thier name, sex (male/female), side (good/neutral/bad), and maybe a short description. Then, write a storyline, it's not that hard. By then, 50% of the project is done :bounce:

Quote:You want stories? Ask me! I have too many to keep up coding with.

I know what you mean. I have an awesome idea for an RPG, but I can't make the engine I want yet. I'll get it eventually though.
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]