Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I get the Qbasic program from?
Hi,

I''ve got a win 98 computer, and I'd like to use Qbasic 4.5 to create a roleplaying game.
Does enybody know were Ican download the program, and help me to start on my game? :bounce: I cant wait!!

Luf,
"Eowyn"
am servant of the secret fire.
Wielder of the flame of Anor.
You cannot pass.
The dark fire will not avail you flame of Udun.
Go back to the shaddow
you cannot pass...
Um, search the archives. Or google +"qb45.zip".

And if you've never programmed before, I recommend starting on something simpler than an RPG.
If you're new to progging, read some QB books out of your local library.
If you're not, go to http://geocities.com/aliphax/ and download QB45. Then again, even if you *are* new, complete this step.

Good luck with the progging. Come back here and tell us about the RPG if you finish it. Big Grin
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
http://www.qbnz.2ya.com/pages/downloads/qb45.zip. I think...
Heej thanks!

Wizzardlife, cool photo!
MATRIX RULEZZZZZ!!! (LOTR too) :rotfl:

Bye bye
am servant of the secret fire.
Wielder of the flame of Anor.
You cannot pass.
The dark fire will not avail you flame of Udun.
Go back to the shaddow
you cannot pass...
Quote:Matrix Rulez

Yep Smile
LOTR was made in Wellington, just down the road from where I live. And that big river that the characters travel down with the orcs chasing them in thr FOTR is the Hutt River, that's just over the way... Look and dream about our clean, green NZ image guys, and start making moving plans :wink:
Quote:LOTR was made in Wellington, just down the road from where I live. And that big river that the characters travel down with the orcs chasing them in thr FOTR is the Hutt River, that's just over the way... Look and dream about our clean, green NZ image guys, and start making moving plans :wink:

They had to break up a whole bunch of ice and melt away snow for Two towers in one scene... no thanks. Cold is better than hot, but not that cold...
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Er... there is no snow in NZ except on the mountains...

The average temp is 15-17 degrees C, with the temp range being 10-25 deg (although one year a lightning strike hit the temperature sensor and the last thing it measured was 317 degrees :wink: )

The scene you're probably thinking of was probably shot in the deep south in the mountains. And nobody goes there normally anyway...
Then how is the scenery in LOTR actually showing us what NZ is like? Tongue
am an asshole. Get used to it.