Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright, here it is. My quickbasic tcp/ip routines!
I've finally put together an initial release of my TCP/IP routines for quickbasic... it's not designed for running under windows. It is for REAL DOS based computers.

Theoretically, if you can find a packet driver that wraps to the winsock API, then you can use it under windows as well. I'm sure somebody somewhere wrote one of those. Smile

I have the routines available for download, along with documentation here on a little site i put up: http://rubbermallet.org/qb

You may run into some bugs. Let me know if you do! I'm constantly tweaking the code.

Enjoy!!
-Mike
Mike
well since nobody gives a shit i guess i'll take it down
Mike
lol

gr8 website i lyKE whAt u did wit it
ammit potato!
Bloody hell dude! Calm down!

#1. You only gave it ONE day!?!? Sometimes it takes a bit longer than that to get a reply, this forum can be a bit slow to repsond sometimes.

#2. We dont all get the response we desire from threads at times. Dont take it personally!

#3. It's sad to say, but most of us here us Freebasic now, so the routines are sadly redundant now. Perhaps the qbasic.com forum might appreciate it more! They dont have freebasic to distract them ;)

I think what you made sounds great! I wont be using it (I'm only FB now), but Im sure there will be other people who will! Dont give up because one little forum didnt show any interest within one day. Chill!
yeah i'm not actually mad... i just figured this would draw some attention heh. it worked.

i changed the page back.
Mike
Quote:Bloody hell dude! Calm down!

#1. You only gave it ONE day!?!? Sometimes it takes a bit longer than that to get a reply, this forum can be a bit slow to repsond sometimes.

#2. We dont all get the response we desire from threads at times. Dont take it personally!

#3. It's sad to say, but most of us here us Freebasic now, so the routines are sadly redundant now. Perhaps the qbasic.com forum might appreciate it more! They dont have freebasic to distract them Wink

I think what you made sounds great! I wont be using it (I'm only FB now), but Im sure there will be other people who will! Dont give up because one little forum didnt show any interest within one day. Chill!

actually, somebody told me there is a library you can load into FB that lets you use interrupt calls. if this is true, my routines can still be used in it.
Mike
Have you posted it to Petes QB site, qbasic.com and the network54 qbasic forums? You would get loads more interest then, Im sure.
Quote:Have you posted it to Petes QB site, qbasic.com and the network54 qbasic forums? You would get loads more interest then, Im sure.

i did put it on network54 and uploaded it to petesqbsite... i didnt actually post on the forums on petes site though
Mike
Quote:actually, somebody told me there is a library you can load into FB that lets you use interrupt calls. if this is true, my routines can still be used in it.

but with SDLs Netlib, its still redundant. :p
Quote:
Mike Chambers Wrote:actually, somebody told me there is a library you can load into FB that lets you use interrupt calls. if this is true, my routines can still be used in it.

but with SDLs Netlib, its still redundant. :p

doesn't that netlib only work under windows?
Mike