Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ballsbreaker.... *2*
That's right folks! I would type my message like AAP but I'm lazy. I'm working on Ballsbreaker 2, now with around 86% more explosions! I'm working on putting some cool mathematical junk that I don't really understand, namely sine and cosine, into making the balls movements very erratic. It should be a good time. I have no release date planned. It will get done when it gets done. In the mean time, you can play the original ballsbreaker :

http://geocities.com/flaidthedog/BALLSBREAKER.zip

Thank you for supporting the wonderful world of breaking balls!
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
sweet man you did it again!

good game!
t is better to error on the side of caution
than the side of haste!!!
[Image: title3.jpg]
gah! don't tease me!!! :b
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Sounds great, Nova. Just make sure you organize the code and such for this one. People expect sequels to be *better* than the original.
I've started this project like 5 different times for organizational purposes.... so far it is quite organized! It's very much more compact than the original Ballsbreaker, but it's not done yet. Right now I have the basic engine done with no scoring system and basically no challenge (no way to get to the next level, either)... so it's still got somewhere to go, but it's looking pretty spiffy.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
Quote:I've started this project like 5 different times for organizational purposes
Great! Have you learned how to use Make yet? Tongue
What's make? *Hides in shadows waiting to get yelled at*

Great game man! What's changed?
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
The game will feature balls moving with sine and cosine mathematical hoopajoops, I don't really understand WHY they do it, all I know is that you can say
Code:
SCREEN 19
FOR I = 1 TO 360
X = 50*SIN(I)+400
Y = 50*COS(I)+300
PSET (X,Y)
NEXT I
SLEEP
and it makes a circle! So I kind of expounded on that and made it weird... I dunno, you'll have to wait and see! However, expect delays Sad I've hit a snag so I have to start over, and my girlfriend is in town so I don't expect much to get done this week! :laughing:
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Code:
FOR I = 1 TO 360 ' 360 degrees in a circle

X = SIN(Angle) * Distance from Center of circle
Y = COS(Angle) * Distance From Center of circle
PSET (X + Screen_Center, Y + Screen_Center)

NEXT I
Degrees are for noobs. Real men use radians.