Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPG in qbasic
is it possible to use a file video MPG in qbasic 4.5?
Pure QBasic? Yes =) Expect about 1 frame every 16 weeks.
Quote:Pure QBasic? Yes =) Expect about 1 frame every 16 weeks.

lmfao :rotfl: :rotfl:
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
and the thread dies here.
Here
Possible, maybe, practical, definitly not. Just the tables need for mp3 takes about 200 kb or something. I expect that mpeg is worse.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
And it was just revived by that guy ^ :normal:
-yah
Cease him! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Here
I'm sure that it's possible, but horrible impractical. There are lots of different types of mpeg, with different types of compression. You'd pull your hair out trying to figure them out.

Media players actually can't understand videos by themselves. They load something called codecs, they load different ones depending on what type of video compression is used. They also load decoders for the sound files that are laced with the video. This is why different videos formats can have different audio compression. Think of codecs as helper programs that do the grunt work. If you can get a program to utilize a WMP or QT codec then you could get whatever type of movie you want to play. Good luck with that.

*Snicker* no, don't bother doing that, you'd die of frustration especailly since QB can't multitask.

EDIT: I just did some internet browsing about mpg files, there are 2 types of mpg-1, 2 types of mpeg-2, mp3 was audio only, and 10 versions of mpeg-4 the lastest was H.264. All versions of all types can have the extension .mpg and it's up to the program to determine which type it is. mp4s are so advanced WMP 11 doesn't support them.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
Quote:mp4s are so advanced WMP 11 doesn't support them.

let's just hope they don't turn evil, start developing advanced AI, breed with our women, and then kill every last human on the face of thee earth. Confusedhifty:
Here
Cool!
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor