Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FB Database
This was brought up on the official FB forums a few days ago. No one picked up on it, so I decided to do it.

This is to be a database site of all known FB applications, be it a library, a game, or whatever else. New entries to the database can be made by anyone who creates an account (I went with an account system so the site would be user-maintained). Once a new entry is added, it can be edited or deleted at will. Also, entries can be transferred to another account (say you're author X and you add one of author Y's programs; you can transfer ownership of the entry to author Y), and account holders can request ownership of an entry for an app that belongs to them but was submitted by another account holder (once). There are both browse and search functions, and listings have a short description (which shows up in the browse or search lists) and a detailed description on its own page in addition to a website link, download link, and up to five screenshot links.

Overall, the site is about 30% completed right now. I had hoped to have it running by today but it was a bit more work than I expected, and you know the whole "real life/screaming baby" issue. Big Grin

The site is here:

http://fbdatabase.basicnetwork.net/

I will eventually move it to its own domain but here it lies for the meantime. You can register an account but I won't be adding the authentication script until the site is ready (meaning no one can log in at the moment).
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
Damnit i have had an idea ive been kicking around for about a year thats nearly identical.

(yeah ive been too lazy to do anything about it)

Well i supposed competition isnt a bad thing, ill let you know if i ever finish my verison within the next 3 years.
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
cool, I'm really looking forward to it.
[Image: freebasic.png]
wow. Sounds great!

Keep up the good work!
Would only complete programs be accepted, or code snippets as well?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
As the name suggests, it is an applications database, not a code post. FB's official forums has a code post forum. :longeye: :chinese:
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.