Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What FA features can you not live without? What do you want
Since you guys were all the original people to sign up for FileAnchor (quickhost oh so long ago) I figured I'd turn back to you all for ideas on this new version of FileAnchor.

What I'd like to here are things that you wish FileAnchor (or an image/file host) could do or some features that we currently have that you want to make sure don't go away (or you'll kick and scream and throw a little tantrum!).

Seriously though, you can post multiple ideas/features in one post. Don't fill this topic with junk (lol fa hosts lol).

Rune and I will probably be popping in from time to time to expand on ideas and whether they're feasible or not also, so don't stop adding thoughts just because we haven't added a post in awhile. We're chugging away trying to get this done.

Also because I know we're all impatient gorillas, here are some screenies from the new version just for you guys. These show the front page, the profile editing mode, and the three different ways as of now you can view "my files". If you have questions or comments on these too, we'll try and answer them also.

[Image: 40890-t.png]
[Image: 40891-t.png]
[Image: 40892-t.png]
[Image: 40893-t.png]
[Image: 40894-t.png]
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
UG! Complainy person here. Its awful. crowded and filled with rubbish.

ok..

I LOVE IT. Its sublime. Much MUCH better than the current version, and even that was good. Really Really good. I am tingling in anticipation, just as I was when I saw qh2 for the first time. I love the fact we now get fully fledged profiles and options to set and everything. I especially love the new ways of viewing, with different sized thumbnails or as a list.

Fantastic. :king:
Title changed to reflect more of what I'm wanting.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Um, free space on the net, helpfull little html/bb/etc link snippets, ability to keep track of and delete files. Really thats all I need, as long as that stays (which it kind of has to, if fileanchor still exists) I don't care what you do.
[Image: freebasic.png]
Well the new layout looks badass. Can we alias our files yet? What if we had user accounts Sumo Jo, where we could alias a file with a name, and access the file like so:

www.fileanchor.com/usernames/alias.filetype

or just /alias.

Tongue How's THAT for a suggestion?
Oh, God, yes! Yes!

(I'm biased, though, ever since I married the colour gray in Vegas.)
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Quote:Well the new layout looks badass. Can we alias our files yet? What if we had user accounts Sumo Jo, where we could alias a file with a name, and access the file like so:

www.fileanchor.com/usernames/alias.filetype

or just /alias.

Tongue How's THAT for a suggestion?

That's how it already is on the new version. Everything's based off a username rather than email addys, so you can share your personal files link with people and it lists them just as if they were looking at the "my files" tab (displayed as their preference is set in their profile). The end setup for urls will be something like fileanchor.com/u/usernamehere . The U indicator will be a virtual directory pertaining to all things relating to use as a user. File Ids will still be numbers though, but it won't be too hard to link to them.

raw will look something like: fileanchor.com/r/3874
thumbnails: fileanchor.com/t/3874
in fileanchor window: fileanchor.com/f/3874
download: fileanchor.com/d/3874

Everything is going to be based around virtual directories. The nice thing about this is you will be able to create and maintain your own directories for your user setup. fileanchor.com/u/mike/coolstuff/ would show off my cool stuff folder for example. We'll post more pics as more things get done on this though.
Quote:Also, rather than
I've never seen anyone get so busy they just post in the middle of a paragraph and leave.

Filename aliases themselves doable? That's a good idea IMO.
Quote:I've never seen anyone get so busy they just post in the middle of a paragraph and leave.

I guess ADD acted up in the middle of that post. I have no idea what was supposed to go there.
Quote:Title changed to reflect more of what I'm wanting.

Sorry :(

I just wanted to convey it looked awesome and I didnt have anything at all to suggest. ._.