Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter The Matrix: The Path of Neo problems
For some reason as soon as I start the game it stops in the dropping symbol part. No title menu or anything just those dropping symbols. Can anyone help?

Also, this is for ps2 and I just got it off ebay...there don't appear to be any scratches however.
Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
If you don't see scratches then it prolly just needs a pass trough a GameDr, or any of those things.... To get any small abrassions off you can't see clearly, but the laser can still defract off of....

Smile

You should also look out for data side damage.. There could be a small bit of damage to that side (side were the picture/etc is on).. This can't be fixed as far as I know, and in most cases you wont notice it.... (eg: My bro dropped a pin-compass onto a disk, it stabbed through the picture/protective layer.. you can't see it unless you hold to the light just right, and it doesn't play anymore.... )
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
I couldn't find anything like that on either side. What's GameDR? DVD repair kit or something?
Quote:I couldn't find anything like that on either side. What's GameDR? DVD repair kit or something?
Yeah, they are devices w/ a highspeed buffer wheel, and a buffer liquid.... Really nice, mannaged to save a few disks with mine... =)
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

The data in those dvds are stored in the outter rim of the dvd right? Nothing besides the code is in the center (that looks a little roughed up, but not seriously.) right?
The surface w/ the purple band (refering to the image below, normaly in room lighting, that surface has a rainbow effect from the difraction grooves) is the area were scratches mess up the preformance.. Any scratch on that black band (or it can be the same colour as the data section, just w/ numbers on it, or a lil more relfection to it, or both) to the hole in the center has no data, and any scratches there shouldn't be an issue:

[Image: UC-47-6-250px-DVD-R_bottom-side.jpg]

:winkwink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

OK, then again, I cannot find any damage. Oh well, I contacted atari to see if they know anything about it.
They suggested getting it replaced, but I can't do that since I bought it on ebay. I got a pc version, but the voice doesn't work. I don't suppose anyone has the voice files for it...?

I also tried putting the ps2 version in the computer....it reads the dvd, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

And no I haven't had a chance to try GameDR or anything like that.
Can someone at least PM me if they do have the voice files or know how to fix the problem?
The hole in the center has no data? Really?

j/k :rotfl: