Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone else like me?
--- who gets more excited about junky, homemade QB/FB games, than polished, fancy ones?

I was just curious, because I always seem to be more interested in original games that maybe are programmed poorly. Rather than smooth scrolling RPGs that always use the trees from a Link to the Past.
nstead of smacking yourself with a lock of wet dog hair, make your day worthwhile by going to "the mother of all that is good in gaming"--- TIKITAC games, you just might fall in love!
Quote:Rather than smooth scrolling RPGs that always use the trees from a Link to the Past.
*Cough cough* Was that a jab at what I think it was? :|

Anyway... I kinda see what you mean, though for me it's mostly nostalgia. Old games like SoC 1 and 2, Elysian Fields, etc.
=[
I think Lynn's Legacy was awesome, and not ONLY because I'm a kiss-ass, either! I agree with you there's something cool about the whole "this person made this" kinda deal, but Lynn's Legacy was also made by people right here on this forums place, so it's all good. Personally, I think anything made in QB/FB is amazing :wtnod2:
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Quote:=]
Quote:I think Lynn's Legacy was awesome, and not ONLY because I'm a kiss-ass, either! I agree with you there's something cool about the whole "this person made this" kinda deal, but Lynn's Legacy was also made by people right here on this forums place, so it's all good. Personally, I think anything made in QB/FB is amazing :wtnod2:
Whew, so I'm not just paranoid he was referring to LL in his first post. :lol:

Guess I might as well say it now then: I never rip my graphics or edit them from anything else. The trees in Lynn's Legacy were hand-pixelled by me, though yes, they were based on the tree designs from Zelda 3. So? It's a good design. Tongue Plus, many other things in the game were 'based on' ('inspired by' is much more fitting, I suppose) many other aspects of the Zelda franchise, in case you hadn't noticed. Wink
The idea was to make a fun Zelda-style game (and yes, the phrase "zelda clone" did pop up a few times during development), story/graphics/etc came after.

End rant. :bigsmile:
well first of all, i've never played lynn's legacy!! I just got back in the scene, i guess i'll have to check it out after all this...

i wasn't referring to any specific game, but i have played tons of rpgs with ripped graphics from zelda, as well as warcraft and others.

but yes, i agree i think it is the nostalgia factor, o rmaybe just personal preference.
nstead of smacking yourself with a lock of wet dog hair, make your day worthwhile by going to "the mother of all that is good in gaming"--- TIKITAC games, you just might fall in love!
QFAK is just as bad, I mean, it's got a great scrolling engine and graphics I often based off of other games...

</paranoid>
Quote:The trees in Lynn's Legacy were hand-pixelled by me, though yes, they were based on the tree designs from Zelda 3. So? It's a good design.
It's a great design indeed and I intend to do as you in The Presaphia Project.
Quote:--- who gets more excited about junky, homemade QB/FB games, than polished, fancy ones?
I get excited by homemade, polished and fancy QB/FB games.
[Image: rg_link.png]
I'm a dog and I feel dirty baby
Quote:well first of all, i've never played lynn's legacy!! I just got back in the scene, i guess i'll have to check it out after all this...
Eheh... Confusedhifty: Oops!
Um... Yeah. Guess I just assumed since I've been so twitchy about the subject lately... Sorry about that. Anyway, let's uh, let's try to forget alllll about this, eh? *pulls out flashy thing from MiB*