Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Er... anyone had this before?
I suggest that everyone take a look at http://www.qbasicnetwork.com and tell me if you have had this appear on EVERY index.htm page in your structure.

This is the second time my site has gone down without my approval. Firstly, my host moved, and I had to repair a few things.

This time some nasty so and so has made some changes.

I have backed up the site and will be taking it offline until further notice.

That is all
Screwing with your reality since 1998.
There is no index.htm page there.... Or did you know that? That's just an empty directory page....
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Someone defaced every account we have on our blackie1 server. I have no idea what the problem is, as the server is quite secure. I'm going to have a couple of security experts look it over and see what's wrong.
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
http://plantasy.darkwizard.org/

Down until further notice.

EDIT: Backup uploaded, database still fucked...
I've deleted everything off the server and have it safe on my drive.

What about you?
Zire, they were Iraqi hackers, not American hackers. They hacked the server BECAUSE it was American and they hate Americans and Israelis.

I still have every backup from the server move a couple of months ago, but now I got a mess to clean up on the server and I'm not sure I even want to deal with it. Permissions are all fucked up, php isn't working correctly, and it seems like mysql is having trouble too.
\__/)
Yea, and they're making such a good point by...hacking servers?... :-?
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
Funny how I'm not American.

I've backed up everything worthwhile, and only have about 3 pages to create. It's only last couple of days as well, as my site was OK last time I checked.
Apache is rebuilding right now, that should fix some of the problems. I'm afraid I might have to do what I was dreading most...make this server so bloody airtight that it's perhaps a little too restrictive...

EDIT: Locking down even more stuff than before now...I believe the hackers used brute force to gain root access and then used some llama skript kiddie shit to do the damage. The script ran through the drive, looking for any file with "index", "main", or "logo" in their filenames, then replaced those files with their propaganda. Database access is still a little messed up but PHP seems to be ok now.
\__/)
When it's airtight, let me know. Good luck.