Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aussie Icon the "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin...
...killed by a stingray. The third recorded stingray death in Autralia.

More Information

As it happened.

How sad. Sad
Screwing with your reality since 1998.
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but if you play with fire, you're going to get burned. He's been asking for it for years - and even professionals make mistakes Cry

Crikey! We'll miss that bloke!
Quote:As a side note, I wish I was a robotic zombie ninja pirate.
Yeah. And it doesn't exactly help when you start poking them with sticks :/

R.I.P. Steve though, he will be missed Sad
Sad

That is hard to imagine, normaly seeing that dude walk away from near fatal incounters before..

He will most defently be missed.... Cry
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Sad about his death, but let's face it, he's been asking for it for years. It was an occupational hazard, and he most have accepted that when he begun the job. I just wish that a croc had got him, then at least it'd be a bit more fitting a death for th man known as the "Croc Hunter", one of life's little Jokes I guess...

"Now this Snake's incredibly poisonous. If it bites me, I'll definatly die. Now, let's poke it with a stick!" Not in these exact words, but that's the general idea behind something he's done on TV several times before.
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]
Quote From TheDarkJay, "I just wish that a croc had got him, then at least it'd be a bit more fitting a death for th man known as the "Croc Hunter"

TBH I feel he's more of a legend because he *wasn't* killed by a croc. If he had been killed by a crocodile where would the great crocodile hunter be now? "died because he was washed up?" might have been a headline.

Something rare like death by stingray? Hell yeah man. He's the third, ever in aussie history. WHAT A COOL DUDE!
I think its a sad thing he died, but I would agree he was asking, as I have heard quoted in other places "He knew the risks". To some extent it was inevitable that this would be the type of way he died.

I think quite a few people will miss him, he was a cool guy.
atos-Software
http://www.datacentertalk.com - interested in how web hosting works? Here the place to go to find out.
[Image: 42-r]
Quote:I think its a sad thing he died, but I would agree he was asking, as I have heard quoted in other places "He knew the risks". To some extent it was inevitable that this would be the type of way he died.

I think quite a few people will miss him, he was a cool guy.
[Image: 1156593741899.jpg]
IM IN UR HEAD MESSING WITH PHYSICAL LAWS!
Z!re, that just isn't right.
I still find it hard to believe - I have to confess, I'm not a fan per se, but his sudden death came unexpected and seems to be surreal, like when Princess Diana of Wales was killed in France back in 1997...

Fairytale-like, even.
Screwing with your reality since 1998.