Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game in the works!
It will work a lot like Super Mario Bros. 3 (my favourite game of all time!) and will have crappier graphics Smile

Here is a sample of movement and graphics so far! :bounce:

www.sephplanet.com/fecko.zip

I have a problem though... In Qbasic, it works just fine. But in the EXE, there is a small dot that appears in the bottom right corner of the little dude... Does it show up for anyone else?

By the way, I know there is no gravity at this moment, but be patient! Wink
earn.
Make it so the feet only move when you're moving, and that the head points in the direction of movement as well.

Are you planning for this to scroll?
Done.

Yeah. But it'll be a lot slower since I need to write my own PUT routines... Then again, I can always use the Blast!, DirectQB, or ComsoX libraries... Which do I use though!?!? Who knows... lol
earn.
Don't use blast!, it was great in its day but if you want qb1.1 compatibility use the call absolute version of rellib (called aflib). I'd recommend using either cosmox or ugl, as they are the best of crop. Rellib is pretty optimized, but it's limited to graphics (so if all you want is accelerated grpahics or you want to keep things separate it's fine).

but cosmox and ugl. there's your best options.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I've looked at ComsoX a little, and it looks pretty damn powerful. But what is ugl? Can you gimme a little description or a link to it, or both?
earn.
UGL is the fastest SVGA library out there. Anyhow, I prefer VGA games Tongue
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
ugl is fairly recent, but it's coded by blitz and v1ctor, who while conceited, probably are the best asm coders in the scene. i have a little shrine with candles where i pray to v1ctor's picture each night for coming up with dsock.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
v1ctor=reclusive genius
blitz="the ego has landed" genius.
;;*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Well I think I've proved that Rellib works very fine with this kind of Zelda type of games(Dark Quest).

I fully reccomend it. You have a Rellib Zelda type of engine already made so you don't have to worry about it (scrolling,ect).
RelLib again Smile