Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sokoban 3D demo!
This is an almost finished Sokoban project by Zap and I. He made a 2D Sokoban engine, and I built a 3D engine around it. Lots'a fun! Tongue

If any of you downloaded the one I posted at fb.net, this one has a couple more optimizations, and prints out the steps taken to solve.

http://rel.betterwebber.com/MyProgs/Sokoban_Demo.rar

[Image: 72978-t.jpg][Image: 72888-t.jpg]
Looks good from the screenshots, and you seem to have added some kind of RPG-like blackishness around it, which will cause the usual fun, and necessary irritation.

In overall, looks very solid Wink

Also, adding sound & music could work! Remark though: it's not clear where the boxes should be put :wtnod2:

Also, why is that guy so muscled :aah:

Oh and my ancient soko clone also had lasers and bombs and dynamites and teleporters Wink
Quote:Looks good from the screenshots, and you seem to have added some kind of RPG-like blackishness around it, which will cause the usual fun, and necessary irritation.

In overall, looks very solid Wink

Also, adding sound & music could work! Remark though: it's not clear where the boxes should be put :wtnod2:

Also, why is that guy so muscled :aah:

Oh and my ancient soko clone also had lasers and bombs and dynamites and teleporters Wink

First off, thanks. Tongue

Music & sound are in the works now.

About the hard to spot targets: Zap, and a couple of other people mentioned that too. I thought about sticking an arrow slightly above the target tiles... or maybe even a map.

The guy is so muscled because he lost his last acting job on Rogue3D. Now he has to work at the Sokoban plant pushing boxes around. :lol:

I'd like to see your ancient Soko clone! Got Link? Tongue
Quote:I'd like to see your ancient Soko clone! Got Link? Tongue
Of course I got a link... (<- over there) but it's one of the first games I ever made... so dont faint! :lol:
Was made in like 1998... when first started Wink

The program was so big my old trusty QB couldn't compile it, so I hope you still have the QB Interpreter lying around :lol:

Alright here's what it features:
- Really bad coding
- 42 original and small levels
- 5 exquisitely pixeled worlds
- Latest technology single-channel PC Speaker sounds
- Superior resolution of 320x200
- Keyboard input
- Some more nonsense stuff

Hehe... right :lol:

Anyway, the minigame (*cough* demo *cough*) consists of 5 worlds, in each of which the following is introduced:
#1. Home world: Yourself, Crates, and Crate wormholes
#2. Outer space: Time portals, Jump portals
#3. Fruit world: TNT, Bomb
#4. Fire world: Lasers, Switches
#5. Up in the Air: Atomic Bomb
Each world is 10 levels, except the last one, which is 2 :lol:

Also it isn't documented... so here's the keys (and cheat):
- Arrow keys: move/push/switch/enable
- Space: Use TNT
- X: Use bomb
- A: Use atomic bomb
- R: Restart level
- S: Save
- L: Load
- N: Go to next level (cheater :lol: )

Have fun playing my ancient game Wink I dare you to finish all levels within an hour :mrgreen:

Hope you can use any ideas from my ancient creation that no one ever played besides myself Wink
Dang, I can't even get QB to compile anything on this box. God, I can't even get it to start. :lol:

I'm gonna try compiling your program with FB though. If I have any luck, I'll post back here. Tongue
Quote:The program was so big my old trusty QB couldn't compile it, so I hope you still have the QB Interpreter lying around :lol:
*cough* :lol:

I dont know if it works with FB though xD

Edit: All the PLAY's and PLAY()'s will drive you nuts Wink
I worked out everything except the gfx loading. I need to get a copy of advance.put to make it load them correctly, I guess. :???: I haven't messed with gfxlib much.
Right, hehe.

New FB Version (Tip: run the .exe)

There ya go. I had to get rid of all the PLAY stuff and the usual... Much less fun now without pc speaker sounds :lol:

Btw, when it says "type in the path", type in the correct DOS path, so with the ~ thingies if the name is longer than 8 Wink

Have fun :mrgreen:

Edit: No need for advance.put, everything works just fine with the built-in functions Wink
Oh wow... I assumed you were doing something noobish back then with the input correct path thingy. I ended up commenting it out. I have to admit that I didn't try very hard... I just commented out everything that caused an compile error. :rotfl:

Thanks... I'm gonna try it now! Tongue

Hmmm... Get this. I don't know what to do! I can't seem to move or anything. :x

By the way, I updated the game i posted up there. Wink
heh that's cool. I was never very good at sokoban...Did you use extruded shadows for it? Also, I know its 3D and all which is nice, but i really don't see why sokoban should take a million+ years to load up. It took its time on my 1gh, 512mb ram geforce 6200 piece of junk (which managed to run doom3 in low - medium smoothly).
am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!