Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB vs. FB , should I even bother switching?
Ive never realy tried FB much, and I was wondering what you guys thought was preferable about FB over QB other than "Corrupted or totaly skrewed string space" errors.
-yah
One advantage that freebasic has is that it's modern and can take advantage of the things in computers that have been developed since the days of dos.
- Bigger memory
- Higher screen resolution and bit-depth (without the need of sometimes unreliable or slow vesa libraries)
- Support for more libraries (openGL, sound, networking)
- It's faster
- Native support for both dos, windows and x86 linux

After it's ported to have a gcc backend we will get
- object oriented programming
- support for even more architectures
/post]
gee i dunno, why do you think this place is dead while fb.net's forum is flourishing? did you even take the time to go to the official forum? why am i even wasting these seconds wasting typing this when i could be coding (in fb)
Well. I put it in this way.
You dont loose anything if you change to FB. Actually you get lot's of great new things to use.
If you like to program some simple games, you can do them with FB too and with 99% same syntax.

Alltho, if you are happy with QB, then you can also stay with it and reconsider your decision later.
url=http://www.ascii-world.com]ASCII-World.com[/url]
Yeah, nick changed from lurah, but bullshit's are the same.
Quote:Ive never realy tried FB much, and I was wondering what you guys thought was preferable about FB over QB other than "Corrupted or totaly skrewed string space" errors.

The only thing that's actually better about QB, is the IDE. FBIDE is a very good companion though... especially for people who are very used to QB. In every other sense of the term, FreeBASIC smashes QBASIC's head with an enchanted voodoo hammer. Wink
[quote="cha0s"]gee i dunno, why do you think this place is dead while fb.net's forum is flourishing?quote]
You think this place is dead? You should see the QBNZ forums.
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Quote:You think this place is dead? You should see the QBNZ forums.

Yeah, I check there every day and the only active post is the
"where is evereyone" topic.
-yah
Quote:You think this place is dead? You should see the QBNZ forums.
Actually i feel like every darn website is damn quiet now. Has been quiet for a while now. Even on FB.net forum posts has dropped majorally.
Alltho, i think it was same situation an year ago.
Hmmm... I don't think the posts have dropped at fb.net. I could be wrong, but it seems like there are new posts every time I check. Wink
Yes, new post's daily but maybe a half as much as month or two ago.
I usually have forum's open on tabs. I refresh and check has total post's increased, if so, ill see more. Not long ago it was normal that post's was increased like every 30minutes, now 5 hours with out new post's is nothing weird.

I follow actively fb.net forums, Pete's forums, ascii-world, Programmer's Haven and few finnish forums and to say, activity has droppened lot's of. But as told, it might be just time when peoples needs to concencrate for other things instead of programming.