Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining users of QB
I constantly see, how FB is praised all the time, and how people of this forum gradually convert to FB and forget QB. Are there any real QBasic programmers left yet, or is anybody going nuts about FB?

The purpose of this post is to find out how many QB'ers are left, and who they are. So: if you're still into QB, please do post here! 'Cause it's difficult to tell, who does QB just by their work; their work in QB COULD HAPPEN to be an exception from their daily FB brainstorms. We should really get back to the 90's, where a programmer had but one face.

Please, DO NOT EVEN THINK of answering this with something about how much better FB is, and how popular it is, etc. - I DO NOT CARE. Also, if you've considering such answer; doesn't it strike you, how funny it is, that these forums are called the QBasic forums? (note the sarcasm)

Not that I have anything against FB, it's just that former QB masters seem to have left the original and left it to be covered in dust (as it cannot die).

But, well, if you're still a QB man, do post here! Wink
url=http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ain%27t+I+weird%3F%22&start=10]Ain't I Weird?[/url]
I do very little p.rogramming, but, when I do, it is almost always in QuickBASIC. A few times, after I have finished my program in QB, I open up a FreeBASIC IDE, and copy it there. Most of the time, it takes a few adjustments before it will run there.

The main reason I don't just abandon QB and use FB all the time is bedause of the very user-friendly QB environment, with which I am fairly acquanted with, as well as being familiar with most of the QB commands and syntax. I hate the more complex, albeit more powerful, commands and coding methods that FB, VB, and VBA uses.

So, I believe that the people like me, who are not are not professional programmers, and that don't code freqently enough and/or complex enough, will always love the ease and user-friendliness of good, old QuickBASIC! YES!
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
I yam a QB man!

Although its just a pet language.
-yah
me too!

though it's pet language for me too..
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
I use the old QB syntax, but I compile it with FreeBASIC... does that count?
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
I code in QB only to post my code in threads about QB. There are not that many of these nowadays, even in QB forums.
The rest of the time I code in FB, using FB syntax.
Antoni
I use QuickBasic 4.5 exclusively, except for a small contract job I did a few months ago using QBasic 4.5.

I don't like the QBasic IDE which makes changes to my code to fit some standard. For QuickBasic I have an editor which I've been using for over 15 years and am very happy with it. I also never liked to run in interpreted mode. I always compile. Before QB, I was using BASCOM.

FB is great if you need all the extra bells and whistles, especially if you're into games and graphics, which I never do. FB is particularly annoying to me because they've changed several things to fit their own whim. Yes, they've overcome some QB limitations, but I learned how to circumvent these years ago. In summary, there is nothing in FB that I need.

Regards..... Moneo
Pc57 wrote:

Quote:The purpose of this post is to find out how many QB'ers are left, and who they are.
So far, I count 7 respondents.

I included you, Antoni, because your contributions to QB have been many and very good, and, even today, you continue to help QBers.

Skyler, also, posts frequently here, so, you are also included. Just because you use other programming languages or FreeBASIC, doesn't exclude your using QB, as you both do.

Note that I said respondents. I believe that there must be at least thirty or more like me, that use QuickBASIC 4.5, at least some of the time, so, we'll see how many get around to opening up this site and this forum and this post and putting in their view. Also, other QB users may not be visitors or regulars, here.
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
I still use QB.
Quote:Pc57 wrote:

I've been called much throghout time...but not that. Now that's a new one! (lol)

Seriously..there's bound to be more than seven. But I guess people aren't through posting yet...

My best regards to all...
url=http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ain%27t+I+weird%3F%22&start=10]Ain't I Weird?[/url]