Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It finally happened.
I've done it.

I've taken the first step into Nerdom. I took my first class of "Computer Science I." LoL, I'm a Computer Science Major. I never thought my love of QBasic would lead me down the path of programming for a living, but, hey, it should be pretty sweet. Here in Comp Sci 1 you learn Python, which I'm sure at least a few of you know about already. Well, wish me luck. :cool2:
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Cool, good luck and do well in your classes! Big Grin

And don't ever, ever, say "Comp Sci" again.
Tongue
stylin:
Sounds like fun. I've been intending to major in Comp Sci(sorry stylin, computer science Smile ) since... well... I got seriously involved in QB. Right now, I'm majoring in EET, which is elecrtical and electronics engineering technology- the hardware aspect of computers. Once I finish my associates degree, I intend to get a bachelor's in IT.
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Mechanical Engineering FTW.
Comp Sci it is. Good luck, TAM. Tis hard work. Big Grin
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
Did your profs give you a reason that you are using Python? Most comp sci 100 classes are either C++ or Java.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
I guess it's because python is pretty easy just to pick up and start working on. They start using C++ in the next class. I'm downloading the Python thingajig now, gonna fiddle with it. We haven't really done anything in class yet, kind of boring so far :barf:
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
I'm only in the tenth grade, so I have no college experience. BUT! I am taking a Intro to programming class next semester, and thats in 6 days. W007.
-yah
Quote:I'm only in the tenth grade, so I have no college experience. BUT! I am taking a Intro to programming class next semester, and thats in 6 days. W007.
It better not be in VB ._.
:b

yes.
-yah