Poll: Should a new QB e-zine project be started?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! We need one!
100.00%
30 100.00%
No! Definately not. E-zines are /doomed/ to die.
0%
0 0%
Only if it\'s done well.
0%
0 0%
You think you\'re a damned prince, don\'t you! What right have you to talk about something you obviously have no experience of!
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the world need another QB e-zine?
Does the world need a new QBasic e-zine? The one's I've seen are either extremely dead, or close to it (QB Chronicles died long ago, and even the editor of the QB Cult Magazine admits that it too is almost dead).

So, should a new zine be started? To prevent it going stale and petering out after the first few issues, it should have an editorial team and perhaps some sort of 'Constitution' which sets out the ground rules and states that it will never be abandoned :wink: because each member of the editorial staff is bound to provide two in his place when he leaves. Tongue hehehe.

It would need to have plenty of articles to keep the readers interested; not only a few programming articles each issue but plenty of rants and reviews...
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
e-zines are great, but what happens is that after a couple of issues, the writers realise that there's not really anything 'new' to write about. it's hard enough updating a website with a couple of articles once a month, let alone putting together a mammoth epic full of entertaining features, educational tutorials and breaking news.

but hell, I vote yes anyway Wink
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
I say yes, but only if you UPDATE the thing. Many times people start ezines, only to realize that it takes a lot of time and effort. If you have enough spare time now (and you've got nothing to do for the next, oh say couple of years), I say go for it.
is there still an active e-zine? besides news sites like this and vp?

Some of them were great, but they just ran out of willpower. If you start it, dont start the next qbxl and make one or two issues and just stop.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
C'mon do it...

But please don't include the same things once and again (why all Ezines have the same EMS articles? Big Grin)?

I wish ya luck.

You could interview famouse QBers... That could be a nice section in yer magazine.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
How many ezines do you know of with EMS articles? QB Chronicles is the only one I know.
That would be great....

we could do it like that:

every registered member of qbnews can write articles and send them to wildcard (or another admin) like they do with the news system...then wildcard decide if the essay is good enough for the e-zine or not....

what do you think??
B 4 EVER
RPG-DEV is actually going to make an e-zine, but not all of it will be QB. I say go for it!
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Sure... "Only if it;s done well..."

An E-Zine was one of QBColony's future additions, but sure, go ahead. QB is pretty short on new E-Zines. QBXL is still going on as far as I can tell...
Quote:How many ezines do you know of with EMS articles? QB Chronicles is the only one I know.

Dunno. Maybe it was the same one with different layouts, I can't remember the name. I saw it in green background and yellow text and in white background and black text Tongue

Sorry if my joke wasn't funny Wink
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i