Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Full Version of The Wizard's Curse has been Released
In the late 80's I created a game on the Commodore 64 Called the Wizard's curse. I then ported it over to the Amstrad 128.

In the 90's, I ported it over to Basica, GWbasic and later to Qbasic, (so it doesn't have all fancy stuff that you can do in quick basic 4+, it is just a straight port basically)

Smile Anyway, now I have released the game publicly for download. So in 2007, that would make the game almost 20 years old, with out ever being released!

I had no Idea there were still active qbasic communities Smile

I have included an executable and the .bas code. I included the .bas mainly to have a laugh. The code is about 80% the same as the Amstrad 128 version, as I copied it manually line by line, then changed what I had to, to make it work :lol:

Make sure you have a quick look at the instructions text file.

Here is the download for the game:

http://www.atulos.com/wizcurse.zip

The Wizard's Curse is a classic top down action game with RPG elements such as gold, shops, dungeons, monsters and of course a main quest.

The graphics are not as good as some of the newer Quick Basic 4+ games (as it works in Qbasic standard), but the gameplay rocks!!!

See if you can beat an old 80's game Smile
Hooray, a new member!
Sorry, I don't have time to play RPGs all day long. But I'm sure someone else does...
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Thankyou for you welcome Smile

The game is an action game with RPG elements. So it is not hugely time consuming and you can't get lost Big Grin
Not bad, reminds me of some of my early games. Smile
Camm:

Nice game! Couldn't find the graphics!

Edited: Not "graphics", I didn't find the QuickBASIC Code!
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Quote:...So it is not hugely time consuming and you can't get lost

You don't know me. I can get lost in a computer without playing any games at all. Big Grin
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
lol I know the feeling :bounce:
Camm:

I still can't find your code! Sad Is it really available? If so, would you be so kind as to give me some step-by-step instructions? Thanks. In return, I volunteer to rewrite your instructions for a first-timer user in a very, user-friendly way. How about it?

Never mind, instead of downloading and saving, the opening the .zip file, this time, I opened and found the code, so, all's well, now, and I'm starting to go through the game.
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
I made it! I broke the wizard's curse! Big Grin