Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write your congressman
I already did. Ask them to reinstitute the assault weapon ban. It's not a political issue, 33 people were killed in the VT Massacre.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
I first heard that they were Uzies, but it turns out there were regular handguns, but still there is no need to assault weapons, you don't hunt with them.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
Guns don't kill peo- I think you heard this one...
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Actually, guns can kill people. Didn't you hear about the time when some guy's AK-47 got hit by lightning and went on a mad rampage, killing everyone in sight?

No?
Me neither.
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
We don't need an assault weapons ban; we need a mentally unstable people ban (no matter how many "lethal weapons" you might ban, someone that is dedicated enough can cause as much damage as he wants). Of course, this won't and can't happen...

Quote:I first heard that they were Uzies, but it turns out there were regular handguns, but still there is no need to assault weapons, you don't hunt with them.
I don't know of any reason to hunt with handguns either; ban those too? How about baseball bats? I don't know of anybody who hunts with those.
I do. A friend of mine hunts with handguns, and It's theoretically possible to hunt with a baseball bat(though I've never tried it)
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Handguns such as revolvers are a means of Defense for hunters who are being tracked by predators themselves. I know plenty of people who set up distance camps hunting for bucks, and a bear will be trailing them the whole time. and if you're in their territory, your aim is much better with a handgun than a rifle from 50 yards (bears move FAST).

And really an assault weapons ban isn't what needs to be instated, but rather the qualifications to get one should be raised greatly. In my opinion the following should be qualifications:

1) Must have prior military or military-civilian training.
2) Must be examined by a psychologist and be in well mental health
3) Must have prior experience operating simple handguns as well as rifles
4) Receive a special license to be renewed every 6 months, and must meet qualifications 1-3 at time of renewal.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
I don't know... the 2nd amendment says right to bear arms. not right to bear arms as long as the gov't gives the green light. But anyways, guns aren't really the problem. its that our (US) society breeds crazy people and guns are just the end result to a long chain of "fuck-ups". But, without fail, some people are quick to focus the the gun. That will never solve anything.
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Handguns are extremely hard to get legally in Canada, and we have a very low gun-crime rate. In Toronto, there is a growing problem with illegal guns used in shootings - and it currently looks like we're on our way to an all-out ban on hand-guns. About time. The right to bear arms is hooliganism nonsense - all manufacture of guns should be stopped. I can't understand how the conservative view on gun control can be so simplistic, without a thought for preventative measures. Their idea seems to be "let people get guns and shoot people, then we'll go inject poison into them or lock them up for half their lives and forget the whole thing".
I'm glad I don't live in America, let alone a kooky state in the bible belt where every other person has a gun in their car. God.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I'm going to install a gun in my car when I get one. Maybe. You know, the kind that pop out of the headlights?