Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, look what I've found...
:o

... I guess that if I had found this little thingie two weeks ago, lots of work could have been saved...

'Cause yeah, guys, I have it.

I found the original diskettes of MS QuickBasic 4.5, along with the setup program, all the compressed files, the original documents...

I've stuffed all the files inside a nice ZIP that you can download from... (ta daaaah!!!) The GWBasic/QuickBasic/QBasic/Visual Basic repository

Sorry for the spamming, but I thought you may be interested in this little toy in its original state Smile
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:the original diskettes of MS QuickBasic 4.5

Oooooooooh! Big Grin
Nifty Wink
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Neat, Na_th_an. That's quite a big list of compilers you have going there. Smile

Just a note:

If this is the original QB45 installation disks you'll have to install it from floppies (setup.exe won't run from HD) and the QB.LIB file will fail to be installed (setup won't even tell you that) so you need to use unpack.exe on the compressed file to manually install it, like:
UNPACK QB.LI$ QB.LIB

- Dav
So...does this have more than the copies of the fuller 4.5s we have now?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
You can use the subst command to install it from the HDD. Usually you subst drive b:, like this...
SUBST b: c:\qb45inst\
Will create a new b: drive for you to install from, which *should* work... it has worked for me in the past for things like this.

Jonathan Simpson
onathan Simpson
Or...whoa! The idea just hit me like a ton of bricks!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

...copy the files to actual floppy disks, and install them the way they were originally meant to be installed.

WHOA! Big Grin

[/overwhelming sarcasm mode]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:Or...whoa! The idea just hit me like a ton of bricks!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

...copy the files to actual floppy disks, and install them the way they were originally meant to be installed.

WHOA! Big Grin

[/overwhelming sarcasm mode]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I won't do that, of course, but it is cool for archiving purposes, I guess Tongue

Dav: Thanks for that info, I had no idea. It looks like a nasty setup error, doesn't it?
Quote::o

I found the original diskettes of MS QuickBasic 4.5, along with the setup program, all the compressed files, the original documents...

Sorry for the spamming, but I thought you may be interested in this little toy in its original state Smile

Nate...I have the original disks *and* the original users manual :o :o

I bought the program new for $99 in about 1990. I made cardboard replacements for the cover a few years back. I thought I was stylin' to have upgraded from gw-basic...to a real compiler...However about the same time I got the compiler, I stopped coding until a couple years ago...The original PC that I used QB with was an IBM PS/2 Model 30...dual floppy 3.5" with MCGA graphics and no hard-drive that I bouht in about '86...the mouse I bought for the PC came with a version of Windows...version 2.something that ran from dual-floppies in black-and white...that was a really strange program...not usable as an OS, but an interesting toy.

So...can anyone else here claim to have purchaced QB new from a store when it was current??
Heh Tongue I have Windows 2.03 installed in Bochs. It is so cool to see how Paint or Write looked like back then Tongue Nice shell, but a lil' slow.

[Image: win203-1.gif]

Any chance that you scan and OCR the QB manual? Wink I can't find anything in the 'net Sad