Qbasicnews.com
Christian Programmers Club - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Christian Programmers Club (/thread-10203.html)

Pages: 1 2

Christian Programmers Club - Imortis - 02-16-2009

http://groups.google.com/group/christian-programmers-club?hl=en
It's just what it sounds.  A group for programmers who also happen to be Christian.
This is your invitation.  Come on in, people!

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Ninkazu - 02-16-2009

You guys must write really buggy code. Bad logic :\

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Imortis - 02-16-2009

Big Grin
That is actually the kind of response I was expecting out of this post.  I knew someone was going to say something like that. 

All I can say is, I will give you the same freedom I do anyone else.  I don't agree with you, but I am not going to bash you for it. 

I want to thank you for your post.  No, really.  I'm not being sarcastic.  It lets me know that someone saw this.

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Ralph - 02-17-2009

I went to your site and explored it a bi.  I'm not into the main subject matter, but, I think you have a very comprehensie site.

About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this.

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Imortis - 02-17-2009

(02-17-2009, 07:26 AM)Ralph link Wrote: ...
About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this...

I can understand what you are saying.  But keep in mind the site has only been up for a little over 24 hours.  There is not much content at all.

Also, this site has a section for FB as well, and I have a link to that too on my site.  The idea is for it to be primarily user contributed content.  That is what groups like that are for.  Once I have a few more people, it may get more QB information.  I still use it so it will be on the site if from no one but myself.

That being said, I will never post about my site here again.  I only did so once.  After that I have simply answered replies to this thread.  I will in no way advertise here.  You have my word.

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Marcade - 02-17-2009

There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Clippy - 02-17-2009

Programming should come BEFORE Christian! Call it the "Programming Christians in the Gladiator pits of QB."

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Imortis - 02-18-2009

(02-17-2009, 09:43 AM)Marcade link Wrote: There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?

Why mix anything with anything else?  The answer is simply because I can.

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Ralph - 02-18-2009

The name of a site is the business of its members, not outsideers!  So, my opinion is to let the name alone, as it is not pertinent to this site. 

Re: Christian Programmers Club - Imortis - 02-18-2009

Clippy is just ribbing in his...  um...  Clippish...  way?  Maybe?