Qbasicnews.com
I am a REAL Noob - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: I am a REAL Noob (/thread-1416.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I am a REAL Noob - Aries - 07-06-2003

Is it possible to assume that some people don't understand things unless they are explained to them? To every tutorial writer ever; "You guys need to explain things!" Becuase when someone starts refering to something that they wont bother to define it makes me stop reading.

All I need is sum1 who will be able to help me learn without being an impatient asshole. If anyone feels up to it e-mail balk_tackwards@hotmail.com subject: QBASIC.

Next, if the person who answers this ^^^ would please note that I cannot import files, guess what modules are and how to use them, understand some crazy ass pile of code for you, or anything else of the sort.

Don't e-mail me with anything like you complainins and saying tuts are great cuz ill just virus you.

I am a REAL Noob - whitetiger0990 - 07-06-2003

people here will try to help you. anyway. do you know how to save a prog to a txt file and open it?
like i show you a prog,
for example
Code:
PRINT "Hello World"
But if you dont want to type it in. you just cut and paste it into notepad and save it as a txt. then you just open it in qbasic. i hope that helps. [Image: KkatBigGrin.txt]

I am a REAL Noob - TheBigBasicQ - 07-06-2003

I think u should poke around explore the web and QB's IDE/Help section it is quite helpful you know and each command is illustrated with a good amount of explanation, details and an example.

Care to help yourself?

Your attitude that your not knowing how... - Glenn - 07-06-2003

to do something equates to people who do owing you something isn't real conducive to learning. Smile

Glenn i have no clue what you said but i agree

I am a REAL Noob - TheBigBasicQ - 07-06-2003

See the tutorials on www.qbasic.com. Mind you that this site hasnt been updated for a very long time. But I think u will find the tutorials good.

Next time ask nicely. :bounce:

which tuts did you use?

To tell you the truth i dont even know what a module is.

I was going to make an attempt at humor... - Glenn - 07-06-2003

and quote Webster's, but that definition is fairly worthless, so here goes my own version.

module (n) - 1. A separate section of programming code that stands by itself. 2. A separate section of code, or compendium of such sections, that exist in a separate and independent file.

Re: I was going to make an attempt at humor... - TheBigBasicQ - 07-06-2003

Quote:and quote Webster's, but that definition is fairly worthless, so here goes my own version.

module (n) - 1. A separate section of programming code that stands by itself. 2. A separate section of code, or compendium of such sections, that exist in a separate and independent file.

Ha ha quite simple! I like the second one better Big Grin

Re: I am a REAL Noob - Phydaux - 07-07-2003

Quote:...Don't e-mail me with anything like you complainins and saying tuts are great cuz ill just virus you.
I'm always compelled to help people who are this friendly.

Please note: What is a Virus? A malicious program, that a computer programmer has written.
What type of forum is this? A forum for computer programmers.