Qbasicnews.com
- - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: - (/thread-43.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- - na_th_an - 11-12-2002

Quote:NT is writhen in VB....or mostly of it is.....

NO! For god's sake!! If it would, it would need a runtime WHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

VB sucks, no use for real competitive commercial programs. Stick to VC. It is way tooooooo slow. You can't write games with it (oh, at least that you want to code a pac-man which needs 2 Ghz to run at 20 fps).

- - wildcard - 11-12-2002

Quote:
Shogun Wrote:NT is writhen in VB....or mostly of it is.....

NO! For god's sake!! If it would, it would need a runtime WHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

What do you call all the files in the Windows directory? ;-)

Quote:VB sucks, no use for real competitive commercial programs. Stick to VC. It is way tooooooo slow. You can't write games with it (oh, at least that you want to code a pac-man which needs 2 Ghz to run at 20 fps).

It isn't as bad as it used to be, with interfaces for directx speed is better these days.

- - Shogun - 11-12-2002

NT IS writhen in VB :p

- - Hard Rock - 11-13-2002

Nt is not written in VB,
i dont know exactly what it was written in but im 100% sure its not written in VB, since writting it in vb would make it harder than in c. Vb cant do as much stuff as c can, like pointers and stuff....

btw just reading up on c++ that object overloading stuff looks sweet.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but id be willing to put a bet on it that its not written in vb

and
Quote:It isn't as bad as it used to be, with interfaces for directx speed is better these days.

The demos ive seen that loaded from the direct x sdk, the c ones were cooler, and pretty much twice as fast. I mean even if the air hockey game was nice it was super slow.
(unrelated)and blitz basic takes eternity to load up. I played one game and was sitting at the loading screen for 3 min.

- - Hexadecimal Disaster - 11-13-2002

*sigh* Shogun keeps playing jokes with you people and you insist on falling and falling again! HOW IT'S POSSIBLE, FOR HOLY JUMPIN' MOTHER OF GOD IN A SIDECAR WITH CHOCOLATE JIMMIES AND A LOBSTER BIB'S SAKE, THAT YOU ACTUALLY ANSWERED COHERENTLY SUCH STUPIDITY?!?!? :o

...really beats me... :-?

One thing in defense of VB: While I'd never start making a game in RPG/400 or Cobol 36, these languages are still used (yeah, still used, I've seen that) for other tasks. Same with VB. Every language has it's own uses, and it's up to the programmer to choose wisely the best one to suit his needs. Programming isn't all about games, kids.

na_th_an, you said that VB has no use for real competitive commercial programs? HAH! Really funny. So you want to make client-server applications in VC++ and spend not twice but up to four times more time in the development? Go then, and have fun.

*sigh* ...masochists. :-?

- - Sumo Jo - 11-14-2002

hmm a few things:

Hex: What's up with the fortunecity account you use that has all your pics? Your avatar and you personal IMac aren't displaying on my computer, it's just has that little box with the red x through it.

Shogun: Why do you insist on repeating that NT was made in VB? Or the better question is, why do you keep saying this when people keep showing you information that is contrary to that? Do you do it to raise your post count? Or to go along with what you say is all we can expect from you, and go along with your avatar, which is SPAM?

About VB. I like using it. It was a very easy language to move to, after progging in Q. The syntax is very easy and almost repetitive. Also, you can program useful things in VB, maybe not an RPG or Windows NT (did you read that Shogun?), but you can still do things in it. VB is not useless as a language, it's a very nice and easy to learn one that's great for beginners but can work still with advanced programmers.

Of course, that is just my opinion, so i guess i may be wrong in some people's eyes.

- - Shogun - 11-14-2002

Quote:Shogun: Why do you insist on repeating that NT was made in VB? Or the better question is, why do you keep saying this when people keep showing you information that is contrary to that? Do you do it to raise your post count? Or to go along with what you say is all we can expect from you, and go along with your avatar, which is SPAM?
[/qoute]
hmm both and for a little fun,do you always flame ppl like that or am I just lucky?

[quote="SumoJo"]
(did you read that Shogun?)
no I closed my eyes and pretended it wasn´t there!

- - Sumo Jo - 11-14-2002

Quote:
SumJo Wrote:(did you read that Shogun?)

Who's SumJo?

- - Shogun - 11-14-2002

Quote:
Showgirl (shogun) Wrote:
SumJo Wrote:(did you read that Shogun?)

Who's SumJo?
hmmm couldn´t think of somthing more lame could you? well thats really lame. ever even tryed to do somthing not so lame???

lame lame lame

- - wildcard - 11-15-2002

Quote:hmmm couldn´t think of somthing more lame could you? well thats really lame. ever even tryed to do somthing not so lame???

lame lame lame

Now now, you don't want a lame tag appearing next to your name now would you? :o :rotfl: