Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion
Quote:Eric, actually, the pre-config works fine, but the game crash when exiting the ingame video config menu. This is a known problem, bethesda acknowledge it. There are a few patches and fixes made by fans out that remedy it.

I've never had problems with it. But then, my machine meets the sytem requirements Tongue

Quote:Also, many ingame video options are not available in the launchers video option.

True enough, but those options are superficial options and not core options. Shadows don't effect how the game renders, Bloom/HDR/AA does. And those options, the options which should be the ones causing problems, can be set with the loader.

I have no idea why it would crash in the video options. Morrowind used to do that for me, but I discovered it was a problem with running multiple monitors. I have to turn the secondary monitors off to adjust setting the in the video menu.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
1000101 u make it sound okey to pay for a buggy game.
almost like mac "pay for the beta and then pay for the final wersion again" lol

i guess the working version will be the sequal 8)

Edit:
i ment the os with the mac
lt;_[_[_[_T-B-B-W_]_]_]_>
[Image: bfd2.gif]
Quote:you're so right, no FF is an RPG.

And a billion is 10^9, right? And the world is flat, right? And gravity is black magic, right? Common misconception doesn't make it true.

Quote:1000101 u make it sound okey to pay for a buggy game.

Not at all. Not sure how you derrived that from anything I said.

What I did say is that if your computer doesn't meet the requirements and the program fails on your computer, then you shouldn't be bitching. "ZOMG! Oblivion sux0rs because it won't play on my 286!"
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Quote:
NecrosIhsan Wrote:you're so right, no FF is an RPG.

And a billion is 10^9, right? And the world is flat, right? And gravity is black magic, right? Common misconception doesn't make it true.
No, you're just being really fucking annoying. I don't give a shit about 'technical definitions', this is the most oft-accepted association for 'rpg/c-rpg' and as such provides easy reference... Tough. Get used to it.
*begins to wish he hadn't started the topic*
:roll:
[Image: freebasic.png]
Quote:
1000101 Wrote:
NecrosIhsan Wrote:you're so right, no FF is an RPG.

No, you're just being really @£$£ annoying. I don't give a @£^$ about 'technical definitions', this is the most oft-accepted association for 'rpg/c-rpg' and as such provides easy reference... Tough. Get used to it.

Blow me. That you accept incorrect usage of words doesn't mean everyone does. The FF games are as much an "RPG" as Pong given there are "roles" and "goals" with a "competative element." It's such loose association of terms to define something that makes it so horribly incorrect.
Eric, you're being a dick. And a lousy one at that.
\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
I'm not sure at what point I gave the indication that I was a retarded illiterate. Of course I did the preconfig. However, if you want to set the texture size, or the draw distance, it's pretty hard not to enter that menu.

Besides -- "*I* didn't experience that bug!" is what got Bethesda *INTO* this mess.
Quote:Eric, you're being a dick. And a lousy one at that.

No, no I'm not. Being a dick would imply that I "know it's an RPG but I'm just causing trouble." I don't think it's an RPG and I think anyone who does is a retard.

I could say you're being a dick because you think it's an RPG. You're not being a dick any more then I am. We just have divergent opinions on the matter. You believe that if the game has a "character" in which you play the "role" of, it's an RPG. I think that in order to be a "role playing" game, you have to have the ability to "role play" and not just button mash.

Quote:Besides -- "*I* didn't experience that bug!" is what got Bethesda *INTO* this mess.

If Bethesda never encountered this bug and none of the beta-testers did, then why would they think there is this bug?

Sure, after it's released and someone encounters it and reports it, then they would know. But to expect a fix immediately is a little unrealistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, just trying to be a little practical. There are lots of bugs which there is no way they couldn't have known about that made it into the final release and this I will attack them on.
you would have to go pretty far to define a pong paddle as a "role". I have never played any of the FF, so I am not speaking up for it, but I don't think it matters if it is a button masher as long as it has quests and enemies. Diablo is an RPG, if you are saying FF is less of one (which it may be, I haven't played it) then I would be surprised.

But in any case, this thread is starting to go off-topic, if you want to make an FF hater/lover thread where you can fight your battle then do so, lets just stick to oblivion here, okthx.
[Image: freebasic.png]