Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion
Just in case anyone gets stuck on that Mage's Guild quest (Information at a Price), I posted a workaround for the quest bug...:

Quote:I spent several hours trying to get through the Mages Guild quest after initially making the vampire dust into potions. This doesn't count the time trying to find a vampire "nest" randomly or going through the entire Fighter's guild storyline hoping to get a vampire slayer assignment.

For those who didn't have the vampire dust on them AND used up the vampire dust in the cave:

Type ' to get in the console.
Type in "player.additem 0004872C 1", press <enter>. (without the quotes)
Type in "set MG13Information.tipoff to 0", press <enter>.

Go talk to Eridor. You should be able to progress now without killing him.

Note: You can't use regular vampire dust to prove to Eridor of what happened... :S ... You need to use special vampire dust: 0004872C is "MG13VampireDust".

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...=342602&hl=
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Hmm...seeing as they gave out the tools and people seem to be able to mod the game, I don't see them making many sales on those $1.99 pos's. For that amount of money I do wonder about that company...I am just glad oblivion worked on my computer in the first place so I could enjoy it thoroughly. Smile

So yeah, i say frick bethesda and embrace oblivion Tongue (yes it is possible, i think)
[Image: freebasic.png]
Quote:Hmm...seeing as they gave out the tools and people seem to be able to mod the game, I don't see them making many sales on those $1.99 pos's.

Some of the "official" mods may contain program patches too. Which is probably what the bastards will do. "Here's the patch...only $1.99!"
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
probably. but until someone else comes out with a next-gen (neo-current gen w/e) open ended rpg with a scope as big as oblivion, I don't see much choice...other than just not playing one.
[Image: freebasic.png]
so can you guys meet each other in the game or what? i havent heard anyone say anything about PK'ing or anything =P
Quote:so can you guys meet each other in the game or what? i havent heard anyone say anything about PK'ing or anything =P
It's single player. Wink
Quote:Hmm...seeing as they gave out the tools and people seem to be able to mod the game, I don't see them making many sales on those $1.99 pos's. For that amount of money I do wonder about that company...I am just glad oblivion worked on my computer in the first place so I could enjoy it thoroughly. Smile

So yeah, i say frick bethesda and embrace oblivion Tongue (yes it is possible, i think)
Read the construction set EULA, it states that Bethesda own anything you do, forever and always. Not joking.
If anyone is doing the main quest, there's that par where you have to get the 4 books of mythic dawn..

When getting the third book, a friend of mine was kind of... bored..

So after he got the third book, he came to me complaining, this is how he saw the third book scene play out:
He: "they killed le 3mp3r0x0r!"
NPC: "honto? HONTO HONTO?"
He: "ya rly torrent plz!"
NPC: "lol sauce"
He: "ty"
NPC: "bai!"

His words, I laughed.. a lot =)
Quote:He: "they killed le 3mp3r0x0r!"
NPC: "honto? HONTO HONTO?"
He: "ya rly torrent plz!"
NPC: "lol sauce"
He: "ty"
NPC: "bai!"

wtf? I can't even begin to understand that.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Quote:so can you guys meet each other in the game or what? i havent heard anyone say anything about PK'ing or anything =P

it's not a mmorpg...
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]