Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frantic Journey is *now* underway in FB. Let’s go!!
To Sumo Jo:

As for this project’s completion progress so far, all I can safely say in advance here is that it is too early for me to tell when. The reason on this is because I have from just within this last month (May 2005) first began the project in FB for an entire reprogramming, so let us just confess here that I am re-doing the coding of FJ from the VERY ground up, you know what I am saying? Wink Also, Sumo Jo, I already made a clear decision some months back that the game itself will be transferred from QB to FB. Period. Part of it simply is because of the *major* advantages that FB has over QB (like the actual ability to compile larger and longer-lined source code much more than QB ever even had, that sort of thing!! d=Big Grin=b ). Another part is the great ability for the program to actually work in Windows XP as well without the fumbling of EMS, sound slave engines, and all that from when the game was first introduced in QB.

And man, I am starting to feel real glad that I have made the switch from QB to FB on this, too! :king: Not to worry though, I still use good ‘ol QB for some hard-hitting coding practice to get me ready to crank up some dead-serious FB code work big-time, which is not even a bad idea, actually! Big Grin !

With all of that said, be seeing you again as well. Thanks so much for your question, by the way! Cool=b

[Image: file.php?id=32]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
About completion progress so far, Sumo Jo....... - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-14-2005, 07:11 AM