Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incomplete program
You know, "incomplete" is probably a good descriptor for most endevors in life, as almost nothing is ever truly "completed". 

I would like to suggest that, from now on, all challenges be accompanied with a fixed set or rules that if satisfied by any challenger, it is to be considered complete! 

I know that, as I work on what started out to be a trivial program for a quick solution to some specific problem, I keep adding to it, and, in the end, leave it "incomplete", as I now have more ideas for "improving" it. 

I'm sure that programmers (I consider myself to be an amateur programmer, not a true, real programmer, as in professional programmer) do start out with the requirements, known as "the specifictions", which allows a project to be scheduled and completed within a reasonable time-frame. 

In the "real" world, I also know that many contracts start out with "incomplete" specifications, which must be improved as the project advances, by the addition of "work changes", a fairly costly procedure for the client's lack of proper design of the specifications up front, where it's fairly inexpensive to invest.  In a perfect world . . . 
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.

Messages In This Thread
Incomplete program - by LPG - 04-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Re: Incomplete program - by wildcard - 04-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Re: Incomplete program - by Ralph - 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Re: Incomplete program - by LPG - 04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Re: Incomplete program - by Ralph - 05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Re: Incomplete program - by LPG - 05-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Incomplete program - by D.slert - 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM