Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about this forum database desing ?
How exactly this forum database design (this forum uses .mdb right or maybe not) i wanna make a forum just like this so please help me (using ASP so please dont bother saying "Use PHP !!")
I'm not sure if ASP has MySQL support, but almost every database driven site out there uses MySQL. mdb is the crappy Microsoft Access. IIS is total crap. I hate ASP. Poo on your face.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Disregarding that IIS sucks, you can use Microsoft SQL Server, which is quite nice. It's expensive, but if you have a hosting company, they'll probably provide a database on their MS SQL Server for a little extra cash. SQL Server is powerful enough for just about any application that MySQL can handle, and it works well with ASP.
You wanna make a design just like this? Well... it'll take you ages. I run a forum just like this one, it's available free from PHPBB. But of course, it does use PHP, with a MySQL backend database. So if you're really good at ASP, you could try to clone it.

Note: this forum does support MS-SQL, MS-Access etc as well, you have to specify which one when you install the forum.
IIS is total crap eh Ninkazu? I think not! I have IIS set up on my computer for local testing with PHP and MySQL (yes MySQL not Microsoft SQL) and it works great. It's very easy to configure and it has everything I need. Apache is good too but... meh. For Windows, I personally think IIS is better.
I couldn't get IIS working, and I have Xitami running, so :barf: uh.. I mean... 8) (Andre LaMothe emoticon Tongue)
Quote:I couldn't get IIS working, and I have Xitami running, so :barf: uh.. I mean... 8) (Andre LaMothe emoticon Tongue)

Better Andre LaMothe emoticon... [Image: blade1d.jpg]

But IIS is very nice. It's easy to configure, and operates quite well on my own computer for testing purposes. I'm sure it's used at many large sites without trouble, too, or else Microsoft wouldn't be still selling it.
They sell it? It came with XP (which I stole, nyahahahaa) for me...
Yes, I'm pretty sure they sell it... I don't know for sure, though.

And how did you get away with stealing WinXP? How did you fool the crappy activation thingy? Once it's activated once, you can't activate it again with a different hardware config. Unless you mean you physically stole it from a store or something... :???:
A special cracking program that searches the entire internet for all registered keys while it tests keys that it generates. It took about 45 minutes to crack, but it works totally. I even got service pack 1 Smile