Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which version of Qbasic?
Hello again people. Which version of Qbasic is the most used and why, please? I have the original which came with my DOS 5, and I downloaded 4.5 and 7 years ago from a freeware site of some sort.
4.5 for reasons I don't know
am an asshole. Get used to it.
4.5, because of the libraries made for it.

7.1(PDS) is the best version with the famous "blue" IDE, with things like type arrays and built in ems support. second most popular.

VBdos is the most powerful, but it's ide is a little different, and it's rarely used.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
some libs have vbdos support......
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Exactly. "Some".

People like QB4.5 because it has a compiler and still can remain reasonably compatible with QB1.1 (CALL ABSOLUTE)
When testing simple things, I use 1.1. For actually doing something that require considerable speed, I use QB 7.1 and then compile. For any actual project that I attempted, VBDOS. That's just IMHO, a lot of people use 4.5.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I understand why people used it in the past, but not now. Please tell me a list of libraries *in use nowadays* that are uncompatible with v. 7.1...

Nowadays, people use 4.5 for two reasons:

1.- They use it since they began with QB and don't feel like downloading the several megs-sized PDS or the even bigger VBDOS.

2.- The 7.1 IDE and VBDOS IDE don't work properly with Spanish keyboards (well, that's my reason Tongue).

3.- Newcomers are automaticly told that 4.5 is the best version. This seems to be changing, but in a near past that was a general claim.

4.- VBDOS IDE is different, but that doesn't mean that it is worse. In fact, I find it better. And all the features we love about QB IDE are still there.

At this point you can shoot me: I use QB 4.5 :rotfl:
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
*shoots....

But rel gets shot himself as he's an avid 4.5 user. ;*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
I use 4.5 because it was the first one I tried after the horrors of 1.1 :lol: call it "rebound"
Thank you folks. I'll keep all that in mind. Smile