Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using GET on different layer...
How would I use GET from an off-screen buffer.
ex:

dim VPage(31999) as integer
'draw stuff on VPage
Get (x1,y1)-(x2,y2), array

but from the VPage instead of the video address &HA000.
I'm guessing I have to define the segment to the VPage array or something like that.

Rel: I can't get your RelGet to work. When I use it, then use RelSprite, it screws up the picture by slanting it. Weird :???:
to an array, not from other video pages, at least from how I understand things. I'd say to play with GET and SCREEN to change video pages and see what happens except that, from what I can tell from how you're defining your array, you're using mode 13. Mode 13 only supports one video page.
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
How did Rel make his RelGet then? His function works on any layer specified. Or does it? Maybe that's why it won't work properly. Rel?
best guy to ask about something he wrote. Smile And now that my memory returns, if I remember right, Plasma387 (if I got the "387" right) found a way to "fool" the computer into looking elsewhere besides the A000 video buffer. Do you just want to copy a block of memory from one place to another (i.e., your "GET array")? I have a memory transfer routine that does that.
ravelling Curmudgeon
Quote:How did Rel make his RelGet then? His function works on any layer specified. Or does it? Maybe that's why it won't work properly. Rel?

Oh my... a BUG?????

Guess this would mean less 9 liners this Satuday. :*(

I'll check it out... Prolly due to me optimizations....

Argggghhhhh!!!!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
haha sorry rel. Back to the ol' drawing board.
Glenn, I guess you mean Plasma357's setVideoSeg sub Smile lol
and I was only off on the one digit by 3.
ravelling Curmudgeon
plasma's code is it at the code post. cool hack, really.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
:wink: