Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ti Basic"
I've been looking into making a game for a TI 82 calculator but the varriable syntax confusses me, it's nothing like what I've ever seen beofore, not like basic nor C / C++, anyone else had problems with this (it looks like 5->U to addres a value into U), anyone else had simlar problems with this? Or am I just stupid Wink
I have.....

Also problems on another calculator, it was WAY different than basic or C.. very very difficult. The calculator itself is good, though. (if heavy)....

Anyways, why not just program in BASIC? You can get a handheld-computer-thingy the size of your calculator, with lots of ram and windoze and stuff.... if you have a few hundred dollars (or a cool thousand?) lying around..
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
To get the -> just hit the STO> button on the calculator. And you're right the syntax sucks.
Yes, syntax is bad. The End command is the equivalent of END IF, NEXT, and WEND all in one.

BUT! Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

Such as:

:For(A,1,10)
Big Grinisp A
:End

Would be the QB equivalent to

FOR A = 1 TO 10
PRINT A
END

Or

:1->A

where -> is the "->STO" arrow is equal to

LET A = 1

Though in QBasic, you don't even need the let.

Most of the stuff is in the manual that comes with the calc, though.
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
my school has a bunch of those ti-82 calcs. one of these days i gotta learn how to program one and then do some programming in math class one day.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
you should get a ti-83, much much better, a little bit more money though. some of the simple commands for variables,

0->A
0->B
0->C

stores a number to a variable.

" "->str1
" "->str2
" "->str3

stores text to a string variable. (press
  • , strings..., str#)
    and so on and so forth. PM me if you want more...
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
You can do ASM on the calcs too; just gotta get a graph-link and a compatable TI83+.
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
Quote:you should get a ti-83, much much better, a little bit more money though. some of the simple commands for variables,

0->A
0->B
0->C

stores a number to a variable.

" "->str1
" "->str2
" "->str3

stores text to a string variable. (press
  • , strings..., str#)
    and so on and so forth. PM me if you want more...

my school doensn't want me to have one of those ;(
We have to have a Ti-83+ for our school... Wink
That's.... government working with business (TI..) to form a monopoly: a definite legal no-no! Complain..!
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.