Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vegetarian
are you a vegetarian? if so why? have you found it has help your health?
No.
It depends. If you stay away from meat, you're going to miss out on a lot of saturated fat, which is very, very healthy. But you also need to fill up on protein. That means if all you eat is greens, you're probably not getting enough. But for the most part, it's very healthy.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
nuts and leaguems are sources of fats and protiens
I know what they are. I was making a point that you have to rely on them if you go vegetarian.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
There are advantages to a vegetarian diet. It takes fewer resources to feed a vegetarian because they are primary consumers, and a vegetarian diet can be lower in saturated fats and cholesterol, but anyone thinking about going to a vegetarian diet needs to look into it carefully, and learn how to do it correctly. It is harder to get some nutrients, such as B12, in a vegetarian diet.

BTW, most nuts are not very good sources of protien, but they do tend to be loaded with fat.
hrist Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.(I Timothy 1:15)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.(John 3:16)
SCM what your biblical view on vegetarianism
There's differnt kinds of fat and cholesterol. Oily poly-unstarated fats like those found in peanuts are for the most part alirght for you. And Omega-3s are downright awesome (though you'll only find 'em in fish).

You make a good point about B12 though which is why it's dangerous to keep a kid on a strict vegetarian diet. Usually they add it to breakfast cereals though, so there are vegetarian options (best thing to do is just drink milk though - skim or 2% at least).
Too much of anything is bad for yer health. As toonski zed, nothing beats a well balanced diet. That's with meat and everything. ;*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Diroga,
"nothing [is] to be rejected, being received with thanksgiving" (I Timothy 4:3) It's best to read from the beginning of the chapter. It is important to keep in mind, whatever your personal exercise in the matter, to leave others freedom to have their own exercise (Romans 14).
hrist Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.(I Timothy 1:15)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.(John 3:16)