Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrated graphics
Is there a way to tell if I have an integrated graphics card?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
...uh, does your motherboard have a video plug?
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
No idea.
If you have a tower case, and your video port is vertical, you have integrated video. If you have a desktop case, and your video port is horizontal, then you have integrated video.
All the slots are horizontal on my tower case. I'm not sure which is for video, but there aren't any vertical ones. That's not integrated?
The video port is the one your monitor plugs into. You're not looking at the "slots", you're looking for the actual plug. If you have a newer monitor the plug may be blue. In your case, if the plug is on a "slot" (horizontal), then it's not integrated.
Damn. It's vertical. :o
I guess that means that I have to replace the motherboard in order to replace by ubercrappy card?
Not necessarily...some mobos have integrated video and an AGP slot for upgrades. The only way to really tell is to open the case.
Zack: The video port is usually a blue 15 pin port shaped as a trapazoid. It is probably best to take Plasma's suggestion and open your case. If there is no video card, then check to see if there is a brown slot inside. It will be the first one and aligned further to the right from the rest. Also, while you have the case open, verify the motherboard model number to see what type of integrated video it may have, as well as the type of AGP slot it possesses. I hope this helped Zack. Smile
Quuskia - digital princess
I can't take off the case, but the moniter port for my LCD is a blue, vertical rounded-rectangle port.
I guess that's integrated, eh?