Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting QB 7.1 to work
Someone has emailed me asking how this is done.

When they run QBX.EXE, they're taken to SETUP.EXE, which requires them to insert a disk into drive A etc etc.

How do they get around this?
Hrm...maybe copy all the QB files to a floppy, and then try? But it would be too big, eh? What OS are they on?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
No idea. The guy says that he downloaded it from me, and lots of people have, and he's the only one who's complained...
Run this command and then run setup =P

subst a:\ <unzip dir>

8)
Thanks, TBBQ! Big Grin
hmm, Do you think I should use 7.1? (I know theres been a discussion before)
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
BTW I forgot to mention. Inorder to dereference the substituted disk. Just run.

subst a: /D.

wt: most ppl use 4.5 so if u want to go for max compatibility use 4.5. But if ur not gonna release the s/c then use 7.1. It has many useful features =P.
Don't use 7.1 if you are using a non-english keyboard!!
Antoni
Why is it incompatible?
I use a swedish keyboard layout, and 7.1, only problem I have is i can't make \, but i'm doing fine with /.

Can't really find any other problmes really, 7.1 support's larger codes then 4.5, and has a lot more compilation options.

And ISAM database support (don't know what it is though, I never use it Tongue )

One other problem i've come across is like you said, the fact that most people use 4.5, so downloading a lib can sometimes be a pain in the behind.

7.1 code do work in 4.5, unless you save it binary and/or use the new feautures (ISAM) and currency (@)