Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juno Reactor
this is my new project. it started as a QB, but I ported it to C++/OpenGL.

here's two screenshots.

http://ri-student.rmk.hamk.fi/~rimerilpa1/reactor2.png
http://ri-student.rmk.hamk.fi/~rimerilpa1/reactor3.png

comments?
shouldn't I port it? the flexibility of OpenGL compared on QB libs (most namely UGL and Futlib) makes me drool.
no more VESA incompatibility problems.
ll formed pragma
by the way. it uses the TerraScape 3d-file format. and I'll use QB for the level editor.
ll formed pragma
Erm, looks very unique. =)
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Looks cool, but I suggest you change the name. Juno Reactor i the name of an electronica band. They did a lot of work on the music for The Matrix: Reloaded.
[Image: Signature.png]
True dat. QB is woefully becoming more and more inconvenient for anything more than test programs... The game looks interesting though. How does it play?
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Looking good!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Quote:QB is woefully becoming more and more inconvenient for anything more than test programs

Just because some people can't stop themselves from drooling and liking 3D games doesn't make QB more and more inconvenient for stuff that it was used for years and will be used in future.

Maybe you should just say openly that you with years became bored and ended up disliking QB and want now to play all those shiny OpenGL games.
I've always tried to make my QB games to stretch the limitations of QB and to make them look as good as possible. I think OpenGL as an opportunity to easily take advantages of hardware acceleration and to create graphics that pleases my eyes. In arcade games the graphics do matter a lot, because their gameplay is often rather simple and straightforward.
[edit]
and I'm aiming to be a pro game developer, so it'd be good to learn to code windows stuff and OpenGl/DX.
ll formed pragma
Lachie, I like retro games as much as the next guy but qb's becoming less and less incompatible with my computer while it's becoming more and more convenient to use opengl for the same tasks. I have to run qb games in an emulator with special patches and attachments to make it run anymore.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
what!

Quote:Lachie, I like retro games as much as the next guy but qb's becoming less and less incompatible with my computer while it's becoming more and more convenient to use opengl for the same tasks. I have to run qb games in an emulator with special patches and attachments to make it run anymore.

Grammar police: here is your ticket, sir.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.