Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBN on the move...again
We made the decision to start it all over again: new server, new data center, new admin team, new everything. We're looking at Global Compass' data center at the moment; so far there's been a lot of good press and happy customers so they're likely who we're going to use from now on. We can no longer afford the downtime from Rackspace and ThePlanet. Our business may not be large but every customer counts, and when you put your reputation on the line every day, things like this can have a severe negative impact that can last for many years.

When TBN returns, we will let everyone know. This change will take some time (new server has to be ordered and configured, admin team has to be appointed, etc) so it's not like it's going to happen tomorrow. But never fear, TBN should be back up and running soon, along with all the "Puppy" accounts that Digital Blackie is currently hosting.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:downtime from Rackspace.

Don't they say they put every effort into 100% uptime? Well sod that claim! (pardon my wording)
atos-Software
http://www.datacentertalk.com - interested in how web hosting works? Here the place to go to find out.
[Image: 42-r]
The new server has been built and installed, and the site is now being reloaded. Pegasus works FAST. Big Grin In any event, it'll be a few days for everything to work because of the nameserver changes but it should all fall into place on schedule. Unfortunately, we do not have an updated version of the databases, so time will go back about a month and a half or so (including the forum)...unless one of the other TBN admins happened to snag a backup of the database before this all happened? Big Grin

EDIT: The new TBN will be slightly remodelled to allow file uploads.
Sorry dude, I don't have a back up =P. I think I was absent when the 'snag' happened :wink:.

I think we all will be just glad that TBN is back =).

Guyz, as ado said, the nameservers will take 24 to 48 hrs to update. So the site should be fully accessible by Monday =).
noone has a backup? *loads the PRINT rifle again*
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
If I was an admin of TBN I would ofcourse have a backup *hint hint* :rotfl:

Please, don't make me an admin, I would get mad with power, and kill you all
Quote:noone has a backup? *loads the PRINT rifle again*

Hey, dont point that gun at me. I wasn't online for quite sometime when TBN went down =(. I too have been having computer problems for past one month.

Infact I am still having problems and writing this from a sucky pentium 166MHz 32MB RAM =(.
GoDaddy is refusing to recognize my nameservers so it might be a couple extra days. Anyways, the forum was restored, but it's an older database, as I had said before, so a couple of users were not restored, and a number of posts were lost (which is fine with me because it ditched that silly Rockuman vs basix mommery).

When the domain propagates, it may only be the forum active because I am redesigning the main site. The original site design was nice, but it did not flow very well at ALL with the forum. So, I'm resurrecting design #3 and finishing it up. It is based on Cobalt, our default phpbb theme. That will make the site appear more "complete". Plus, the current design has a number of conflicts with phpbb's scripts, so a lot of the underlying code needs a rewrite anyways. This will all take place over the next week, so have some patience. Big Grin

Btw...qbasicnews was down earlier. Tongue
Nek, TBN has been down a long time now

*disapears*

(Nek, test Novix... damit i need feedback Big Grin )
Quote:Please, don't make me an admin, I would get mad with power, and kill you all
Official TBN Spokesperson Response:
No new admins will be added to TBN at the present time. And those who would be drunk with power are denied anyways. Big Grin